RL22

I've been mainly partial to imr4831 in magnums, but lately been trying something new. IMR4831 is still available and might just need to buy more. Hopefully be a good powder for 6.5prc.
I’m partial to my IMR4831 myself. Great powder. I’ve got my stock back up to 14 lbs so I’m pretty good for a couple years now. I haven’t been doing much loading the last month and a half, but I sure have been buying. I think I need to go to Reloaders Rehab.

Last edited:
One of the most consistently accurate powders across the widest variety of cartridges that I have on my shelf. I know that some extremely knowledgeable gun writers have documented some temperature sensitivity with it, but I have never seen it (and I have used it in one particular .338 Win. Mag. handload in some very extreme conditions). One downside I have noted with this powder is that it does seem to suffer from some lot-to-lot variation. It also burns a little dirtier than some powders, perhaps, but I still love it.

I have used Max load of RL22 in my 6mm Rem with Hornady BTSP 100gr bullets and shot one of my smallest Groups with it 7/8 inch at 300yards. But that’s unusual but it does average under 2.2 inches at 300 yards when I shoot three, three shot groups in a row.
So yes I would say good enough for a Hunting Rifle for Me.

True, but RS magnum is as close to 26 performance as we can get right now. Does wonderful things in the 280 AI and 7 RM
LRT might also fit that roll. The boy has some for many calibers to try in , since he move to where he teaches load work is at a stand still. It did show promise in his 378 Wby.

LRT might also fit that roll. The boy has some for many calibers to try in , since he move to where he teaches load work is at a stand still. It did show promise in his 378 Wby.
I'm giving it a try in 264wm, 300wm and 338lm. Hopefully get good results.

The only caliber I've used RL22 in is the 25.06 with bullets from 110gr - 120gr and it has been exceptional. I have several pounds on hand but have quite a few rounds loaded up so i should be good for a while. I've always heard of it being very temp sensitive but I've personally never had any issues with it but we don't have big temp swings either. If i ever run out I'd definitely have to find some.

In my latest trade i ended up with a unopened pound of RL22. He was using in a 25.06. Ive not used any of the RL's. Is there a must use cartridge for rl22? Here is what I have that i think it could work in
243win
264win
Thanks.
I have used it for all of those and man, it works. 22 gets a bad rap but danged if it isn't good for me in all of those. Not sure about the 260, but I know it works well in the others.

Back