Sad Day

rjm158

Handloader
Oct 15, 2009
Screenshot_20240419_200946_Gallery.jpg
Yesterday (4-18-24) we had to put our old Lab, Izzy, to sleep. She had developed a cancerous growth on her rear leg that encompassed the bones. The vet was nice and tried to offer alternatives, but the end result would have meant her mobility issues would have gotten worse. Rather than having her suffer and be miserable every day we chose to let her rest at peace.

She was happy and pleasant to the end. Afterwards we took her home and buried her next to Frankie, her companion for the 15 years we had her.

I truly hope I don't have to do this again any time soon. Twice in 7 months is more than enough.

Ron

Sorry for your loss. That's always a tough decision to make and a rough ride to go through.
Cherish the many great memories.

JD338

Sorry for your loss.
I went through a similar situation with my last Lab and though I love dogs he was more child like then just a dog and I won't go through that again.

We sure get attached to them and they are big parts of our life. It's sad when we have to say good bye but thankful for the time we had with them.

I had to put my chocolate down in Feb. I feel your pain there. 2 in around a year would truly suck. Mine was only 9 and got a brain tumor that resulted in frequent seizures. I have a hard time not having at least one dog around. I currently have a 1yo yellow lab and a 9 week old Drahthaar puppy. I hope you can bring yourself to share the love of another pooch. They seem to just make life better IMO.

CTD, after I had to put my dog, Frankie, to sleep in September I got another one named Buddy a short while later.
He is half Lab and half, I believe, whitetail because he runs and jumps like a deer. He is not an aggressive dog, he is just full of love and affection. He is just past a year old. He is alert and lets us know when dangerous turkeys, deer, and crows are in his pasture
20240417_125552.jpg
Ron

Last edited:
The good Lord made good dogs to show us what unconditional love should look like. Sorry for your loss- tough decisions, but sometimes just the best thing to do. CL

I’m sorry for your loss.
All we can do is try to be the person our dog thinks we are.

Vince

Back