1,100 yard test - 6.5 Creed / 147 ELD-M

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
I was bored and saw an advantage to get out of the house today, it was cloudy and a steady 8-10 mph wind from the northeast. Set up a target and wanted to try at a range I never tried before, 1,100 yards. Set up 3 wind flags and calibrated the current temperature on the Strelok Pro and adjusted elevation and windage. 34.6 MOA elevation on the ATACR and 6.8 for windage for 10 mph wind from left to right. Sent 3 rounds downrange and drove down there to check it out, it grouped just under the paper plate and roughly a 4 inch group. 6.5 Creedmoor , H4350 , Nosler brass, 147 ELD-M. I prefer 300 to 800 yards for shooting, but 1100 yards is way out there. Mirage was acting up when the sun came out, it still had some mirage when it was cloudy, but not as bad.
8mPCzMil.jpg

sjvO6TYl.jpg

ou3Bagrl.jpg

GNrhjuYl.jpg

I was bored and saw an advantage to get out of the house today, it was cloudy and a steady 8-10 mph wind from the northeast. Set up a target and wanted to try at a range I never tried before, 1,100 yards. Set up 3 wind flags and calibrated the current temperature on the Strelok Pro and adjusted elevation and windage. 34.6 MOA elevation on the ATACR and 6.8 for windage for 10 mph wind from left to right. Sent 3 rounds downrange and drove down there to check it out, it grouped just under the paper plate and roughly a 4 inch group. 6.5 Creedmoor , H4350 , Nosler brass, 147 ELD-M. I prefer 300 to 800 yards for shooting, but 1100 yards is way out there. Mirage was acting up when the sun came out, it still had some mirage when it was cloudy, but not as bad.
8mPCzMil.jpg

sjvO6TYl.jpg

ou3Bagrl.jpg

GNrhjuYl.jpg
Most excellent. Great shooting and obviously great load development. All-in-all a great accomplishment.
After seeing this I guess I won't post my target from yesterday. It would be embarrassing compared to yours. LOL Dan

Back