10mm used to stop the threat, Montana Style! Bear in the house..

When my ex wife was a young girl living in the UP, they awoke to a ruckus coming from the kitchen. Her Mom walked in, turned on the light and was face to face with a black bear rooting through the kitchen garbage can. She hollered at the bear and he ran out the back door where he came in.

JD338

What??? They didn't call a bear negotiator to determine what lead them to break into the house and give them a fuzzy toy to defuse the situation.
I’m currently a bare negotiator as I just got out of the shower.

OK, OK……..TMI I know. 🤣

Glock 20 in Alaska
My Glock 20 along with my Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag in 4” has been my trail pistols for 25 years here in Alaska. As new aftermarket barrels have been introduced over the years I have slightly modified my G20 to handle heavy 200gr Hardcast reloads of 700 FPE range. So for the last 10 years my G20 is my most carried sidearm in the Alaska Bush. It’s amazing how popular the G20 has become in Alaska 2 to 1 to the popular 44 Mag.

Glock 20 in Alaska
My Glock 20 along with my Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag in 4” has been my trail pistols for 25 years here in Alaska. As new aftermarket barrels have been introduced over the years I have slightly modified my G20 to handle heavy 200gr Hardcast reloads of 700 FPE range. So for the last 10 years my G20 is my most carried sidearm in the Alaska Bush. It’s amazing how popular the G20 has become in Alaska 2 to 1 to the popular 44 Mag.

The G-20 makes an awful lot of sense.

Guy

I carried a Glock 22 service weapon was very impressed with the reliability of the Glock . So when the Glock 20 was introduced it was a simple decision I had to have one in Alaska. I carried 190gr Sierra FPJ in the beginning with 800x at 700 FPE levels at 1289 FPS. Today I have a Gen 4 and some modifications added like KKM Barrel and 22 Pound Titanium Rod Spring to better handle the High Energy loads.

I carried a Glock 22 service weapon was very impressed with the reliability of the Glock . So when the Glock 20 was introduced it was a simple decision I had to have one in Alaska. I carried 190gr Sierra FPJ in the beginning with 800x at 700 FPE levels at 1289 FPS. Today I have a Gen 4 and some modifications added like KKM Barrel and 22 Pound Titanium Rod Spring to better handle the High Energy loads.
Excellent! That's a lot of suds, and a lot of cartridges on tap.

I like the Glock, shoot it pretty well but don't have one. I've always been more of a 1911 guy. 40+ years of training with a 45 1911.

What's the consensus re the reliability and durability of a 10mm 1911 ? My 45 1911's are virtually trouble-free.

Thanks! Guy

Back