120gr Hornady GMX - 6.5 Creedmoor

6.5_sWv

Beginner
Mar 5, 2019
A few years ago, my brother in law used some GMX bullets from his 270 win and killed some WV deer with authority. I was impressed enough to load some 55gr GMX and take a fat doe with my .223. I wanted to continue to try these bullets so Ive been working up some loads in my 6.5 Creedmoor. This load has proven itself to be repeatable and more than accurate enough for my needs. I wanted to see what the bullet might look like so I set up a jug test.

Here are the details.

6.5 Creedmoor
120gr Hornady GMX
Alpha Large Rifle Primer Brass
Federal 210match Lg Primer
Reloader 16 - 43.5gr
2.827" COAL
Velocity of 2951 fps for avg of 4 shots

Jug Distance was 100yds. Penetration was through 3 jugs and was found in the 4rth jug. Bullet exibited good mushrooming, and great weight retention.

WHq5FW.jpg

PMtgIq.jpg

SD36w8.jpg

mIY8gX.jpg

G7Fzek.jpg

N3I9DP.jpg

Not bad performance at all. I've tried GMX bullets in several cartridges with only fair accuracy. Still, they appear to be a well-designed bullet. Good results for you.

Nice test. That'll definitely leave you with two leaking holes under about all circumstances.

Looks like a very useful bullet for hunting with the various 6.5 rifles!

Guy

Your groups are way better than I ever got with that bullet. And I tried it in four different 6.5 creedmoor rifles lol. For some reason I just never got it to shoot, but I’m sure they work great on game, that’s a great lookin mushroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back