125 gr 308 Win load

Very nice set up Guy and it will prove to be a
deadly rig for deer.
I used the 125 gr BT in the 300 Blackout this summer in an AR-15 pistol I built. Not only did it prove to be increadably accurate, it put the big WT doe down right now with a high shoulder shot at 60 yards. Not much expansion in water jugs but it scrambled the lungs pretty good.
Great bullet!
uGd4J1V.jpg

JD338

After joining with other volunteers building new target boards at the club this morning, I shot 10 rounds through the 308 Win at 100 yards.

She's dialed in pretty well now.

AuECwxcl.jpg

Load was 125 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip and 48 grains of RL-15. I didn't chronograph it this time, but it was around 3,000 fps I believe, last time I checked.

Good accuracy. Low recoil. Zippy little rascal.

I had to back down to 49 grains of varget my rifle was showing signs of high pressure at 50 grains. :roll:

46 grs IMR 4895 with the 125 BT is also a very accurate and very effective deer load for 308 Win. I have shot this for years and killed 50+ deer with it and 99% have been bang flop and the other 1% were down within 3 jumps. I shoot this bullet in all my 30 cal. weapons for deer. As long as you keep the impact velocity under 3000 fps it does wonderful but pushing it much over that you have impact blow up. In my experience impact velocity under 2700 fps down to 1900 fps is about perfect. I have always had the bullet exit even through both shoulders of a deer at these velocities. Above 2700 fps up to just about 3000 fps which my above load does in my 21 1/2" barrel 308 Win. I usually find the full expanded bullet jacket with maybe just a little lead in the base just under the skin on the off side shoulder. If you want a varmint bullet that really comes apart use the same load with Speer 125 TNT.

Back