130 TTSX 300 win mag

deltahunter

Beginner
Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone loaded/tested a 130 TTSX in the 300 WM? If so, how did they shoot and what powder did you have the best luck with?

Powders like H4350 and RL17 is where I would start.
I know it’s not quite what your looking for but recently I tried some 124gr Hammer Hunters in my 300 Wby with RL17. Can’t see why it wouldn’t for what you want to try.

I’ve got a buddy in Michigan who runs the 130 TTSX Iin his 300 RUM. Pushing them very hard with a questionable load at north of 3800 fps. “Aiming on fur out to 500 yards”. The only thing flatter than the primers are the white tails he has shot with it.

He stacks up double digit deer a year on crop damage permits. Kills like lightening with dramatic reactions to the shot. It’s hell on coyotes too.

Last edited:
I’ve got a buddy in Michigan who runs the 130 TTSX Iin his 300 RUM. Pushing them very hard with a questionable load at north of 38000 fps. “Aiming on fur out to 500 yards”. The only thing flatter than the primers are the white tails he has shot with it.

He stacks up double digit deer a year on crop damage permits. Kills like lightening with dramatic reactions to the shot. It’s hell on coyotes too.
Are you sure they're going thirty eight thousand fps?

I've loaded 130ttsx in 300wsm at 3500 fps with rl15 in a 24" barrel. I'm sure 300wm could top 3450 with out overpressure.

I have been wanting loading them in one of my 300wm for a long time, just haven't got around to it. I'd probably start with h4350, imr4350 or Rl16

Are you sure they're going thirty eight thousand fps?

I've loaded 130ttsx in 300wsm at 3500 fps with rl15 in a 24" barrel. I'm sure 300wm could top 3450 with out overpressure.

I have been wanting loading them in one of my 300wm for a long time, just haven't got around to it. I'd probably start with h4350, imr4350 or Rl16
Fixed it

That round is so fast!
im curious how it will perform on game?
I was thinking the other day about something similar.
there is a lot of talk how these bullets perform at distance due to it slowing down.
live been wondering how they perform close up, or as speeds like yours are going to be traveling.
my .308 is not going to throw them at speeds your 300 wsm will but at say 30-50 yards, how will the ttsx’s perform?
not trying to hijack your post, but I think it relates to the speeds you’ll be seeing Out of your 300 wsm.
curious to hear what everyone thinks

That round is so fast!
im curious how it will perform on game?
I was thinking the other day about something similar.
there is a lot of talk how these bullets perform at distance due to it slowing down.
live been wondering how they perform close up, or as speeds like yours are going to be traveling.
my .308 is not going to throw them at speeds your 300 wsm will but at say 30-50 yards, how will the ttsx’s perform?
not trying to hijack your post, but I think it relates to the speeds you’ll be seeing Out of your 300 wsm.
curious to hear what everyone thinks
No expert here, but I think a ttsx traveling that fast, at close range, would expand violently and shed a few petals in the soup. While the shank continues to drive through and out the other side. Leaving a very dead deer between the two holes.

Last edited:
Back