14 reloading presses compared

Yes i watched the YouTube last week, was very interesting. Tho it didn't help me on deciding what press to get yet but helped to decide what not to get. Lol

I hear you :lol:

I was surprised at how well the Lee and Lyman presses did. A lot of performance for the price and if I ever decide to get a second press set up for depriming and other tasks it might be one of those.. Glad to see RCBS and Redding do so well.

I agree, I've decided if i get something new i want a C-frame type just for ease of access so the Ideal might be the hot ticket to scratch the I want new itch and not put out too much. The Mec looks really nice too. But now also considering a turret after watching Sam with panhandle precision loading mostly on a T7. The rockchucker and mec are the other 2 he uses.

Thanks for posting!

I have a Lee Classic Cast and was looking at the more expensive presses in the review. Turns out none of them have better concentricity than the Lee (with full acknowledgement that process, brass, dies, etc. all have a huge impact potential on concentricity). But from just a press perspective I should probably stick with what I have!

Slimfinn":19gj2y8q said:
I agree, I've decided if i get something new i want a C-frame type just for ease of access so the Ideal might be the hot ticket to scratch the I want new itch and not put out too much. The Mec looks really nice too. But now also considering a turret after watching Sam with panhandle precision loading mostly on a T7. The rockchucker and mec are the other 2 he uses.

You are right about that Mec press, it did well too. I really like the Panhandle precision videos too and have watched a lot of them. He likes the 260 Rem so he is a really smart guy in my opinion ;)

joelkdouglas":19gj2y8q said:
Thanks for posting!

I have a Lee Classic Cast and was looking at the more expensive presses in the review. Turns out none of them have better concentricity than the Lee (with full acknowledgement that process, brass, dies, etc. all have a huge impact potential on concentricity). But from just a press perspective I should probably stick with what I have!

I was surprised at how well the Lee presses did and have thought they were of lesser quality but boy was I wrong about that! My 25 year old RCBS Reloader Special 5 wasn't the most expensive press out there when I bought it but it still is working great. I have started to look at better dies and brass these days but in truth most of the RCBS and Redding dies are making straight ammo. I'll probably upgrade my 260 set at some point though.

Back