140gr Barnes Tipped TSX in 280 Rem

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
I shot a big doe sat with my new favorite load in the 280, 54gr of IMR 4350 pushing a 140gr Barnes TTSX and CCI LR primer.

She was running straight at me. As she started to enter a creek bottom, at 60 yards, I pulled the trigger. Bullet entered beside the spine, through lungs, stomach cavity, and exited through the rear leg. Of course she dropped right there. Lungs were soup. I'm talking just blood clots. This is only the first deer taken with this load, but it looks very good. Pic is entrance hole.

Attachments

• 100_1154.JPG
    879.8 KB · Views: 2,795
Excellent SE, congratulations on the doe.

JD338

When charged by a doe, I want all the bullet I can discover. :lol: Superb job on that doe.

DrMike":eiybpld1 said:
When charged by a doe, I want all the bullet I can discover. :lol: Superb job on that doe.

Charging does (human variety) are a real epidemic this time a year with all the Christmas shopping and all. :lol:

Great post SE! Thanks for sharing your results. I think we are starting to really compile a great bunch of data here. Scotty

Thanks guys. I loaded 20 of these to start out. Hopefully next year provides me with some more opportunities to test them out

I just got a box of these to try in my 280, I hope they perform as good in mine as they do in yours.

Back