160 gr AB verses a black bear

orchemo

Handloader
Dec 13, 2006
160 AB from a 280 Rem.

Range was 185 yds. Hit the bear face on and found the bullet opposite side behind the ribs inside the cutaneous fat. Broke the jaw and a few ribs.

That looks pretty good. Congrats on the bear, hope to see some pics of it if you have any.

Looking forward to the pictures. The .280 is a great cartridge for taking bear. Sounds as if you have a fine load.

Congratulations on your bear (y). It looks like the AccuBond did exactly what it was supposed to do!
I am also looking forward to a few photos.

Blessings,
Dan

It was nice AccuBond expansion.

No pictures. In the part of the Oregon coastal area I was in, there is no cell phone reception, so it was in the truck. Bear was only 150ish lbs. Little sow, but will make great bear sausage.

That size bear will make excellent sausage. The hams and ribs can be absolutely delectable!

Perfect performance!

That is quickly becoming my favorite 7mm bullet. It works well, fast or slow. Usually very accurate.

I still like the 200 gr E-tip from my 338 Fed. Problem is that I have never caught one from a bear but the bears have certainly fallen right over.

orchemo":1nz192fk said:
I still like the 200 gr E-tip from my 338 Fed. Problem is that I have never caught one from a bear but the bears have certainly fallen right over.

I won't ever argue that. Bigger usually never hurts.

That 160 from my Mashburn is pretty serious.

Congratulations on the bear and the 160 gr AB catch.
Picture perfect performance.

JD338

These might be one of the best all around bullets one can fire from a larger 7 mm rifle. Can't wait to find out first hand myself......

I was wondering on a bear load for my 7x64.

I have a 175gr Nosler Partition but wondered about something a bit flatter shooting like the 160gr AccuBond.

Pictures please!

Munty

Back