175 ABLR 3065FPS 4th jug

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Ran one of the 175 ABLRs into the jugs. It was about 15 yards from the muzzle so it was quite brutal.

If you look closely towards the bottom left, the bullet must’ve come out of 4, cracked 5 and landed on the ground.

Brutal, indeed. Forty-three percent weight retention. However, it would definitely work on about any game one would ever want to hunt.

DrMike":1he15pp1 said:
Brutal, indeed. Forty-three percent weight retention. However, it would definitely work on about any game one would ever want to hunt.

This is the first time I have ever had an ABLR shoot well. I will admit that I’d written em off.

15 yards really isn’t practical but my first shot with any bullet is to see what it will do at near full muzzle velocity. Not too bad really.

I shoot the 150 grain ABLR in one of my 280s. That rifle/load has account for a fine bull elk and a nice mulie buck in the past. It is the only rifle/load in which the ABLR has worked for me. I gave up on loads for several other cartridges.

DrMike":31mwhdr9 said:
I shoot the 150 grain ABLR in one of my 280s. That rifle/load has account for a fine bull elk and a nice mulie buck in the past. It is the only rifle/load in which the ABLR has worked for me. I gave up on loads for several other cartridges.

I remember that load and rifle. I’ve tried a lot of them since without much luck. I did buy up a lot of the 165 ABLRs for the 27 Nosler build, so I’m sure, as with my luck they won’t shoot, but it won’t be for lack of trying. :mrgreen:

Can't complain about that beauty! Nosler has always been The bullet to hunt with IMO for decades, and I'd still hold that true today if I still hunted as much as I used too.

I've run the 150 gr. ABLR in three 7x57s and a .280 Remington with unacceptable accuracy in all four rifles.The .280 and two 7x57s are all sub-MOA and the Ruger #1A usually is at least MOA to 1.25" with other loads.
Paul B.

Back