175 Woodleigh PP 3090 FPS 4 Jugs

I’d think a 175 Partition, Woodleighs, Hornady would be okay in the 10 twist. They are all shorter than a 160 AB which seems to be fine.

As for powders, 7828, 22, 23, 26, H1000, etc should all work well with the 175’s in the 280 Improved.

I can't see an issue with running a 175 Woodleigh in a 1:9" twist bbl. I was looking to gain some velocity with the 160 gr bullets. That said I have a load for the 175 NP in my 280AI that I think runs around 2,800 f/s.... been a while since I used it.

A lot of times it's either the barrel likes the bullet or not, and if I don't see some results fairly soon I just move on. I honestly wish I knew what I know now....... Don't waste bbl life on testing everything under the sun just for fun!

Scotty I didn't know you had a 7mm boo boo based off the 6.5/8x68?! My first custom was from Dave Tooley, used but still a hot rod. I sold it long ago since I worried the RWS brass it used might not remain available.

I don’t, just the Mashburn. Case capacity matches up pretty well with the Boo Boo, so I use it for load data in QL. The Boo Boo is a wicked 7mm. Pretty danged modern looking.

The 7mm Boo Boo that Dave Tooley developed was ahead of its time for sure. Having only one company making the brass, RWS, was an issue for me and why I sold it off. Same for the 8.59 Galaxy, and even though Kenny had Norma making his 300 Jarrett brass, I knew Remington wasn't going to do much to keep the 8mm Remington Mag alive so I sold that gun too. Which was a 300 BAER made off the 300 WBY, I hated it, waste of time F.F. brass.

Good news Woodleigh have their factory up and running again so give it some time and stock will be out there. I have the 140's for my 7mm-08 and I would rate the live of dead they produce at 11/10. They are possibly the best all round hunting built manufacture there is, though from memory they don't make anything smaller than 6.5mm.

Scotty, all I can say is wow. First, great write up. Past that, 3100 fps and a bonded 175gr bullet. It REALLY held together, retained 70% of its weight with very wide expansion. If the animal is big enough to provide the resistance, that will hit like a 16lb sledge hammer. Calling it a tough bullet is an understatement. Thank you, very impressive.

Sonny, I keep waiting to hear that you are going on a multiple species Cull Hunt in South Africa!? ha That Mashburn/175 Woodleigh would get a great workout! When I first went over in '96, I met several Pro Hunters who "detested" the 7mm Rem Mag. When I got to investigating what bullet, in what loads those hunters used, it was the Remington factory load with the "New " Extended Range" ( I think 165?) ammo. Just a simple cup n core, going too fast against heavy muscle and inch thick skin, no wonder, ha. Old Bob Hagel would be proud of you Marine!

The reduced velocity load tells much. can count on good expansion on long shots. Is this bullet bonded ?

The reduced velocity load tells much. can count on good expansion on long shots. Is this bullet bonded ?
Woodleigh use a process that they call Weldcore. it is a bonding process, how different it is to what some other manufactures Bonded bullets I don't know. What I do know is that the Protected Point bullets are awesome

Back