180 gr 38 cal HG Partition in 35 Remington

Last Spike

Beginner
Aug 28, 2005
I'm thinking of trying the 38 cal 180 gr HG Partition in my Marlin 336C in 35 Remington. Will this bullet hold up at 2100-2200 fps speeds? Will it hold up for use in deer to moose? I realize I'll likely have to seat this bullet deep.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the link Mongoose. Though the 35 Remington has been used to take moose I agree with Mongoose.

did you get some loaded for your 336c? y cartridge OAL looks to be about 2.217 to the lands. This makes my dead length bullet seater bottom out and i get get the bullets any deeper. I'm not shooting bench rest so i don't need the bullet on the lands. Any body else have any experience with this.

Its funny that you would pick that bullet as i was thinking of loading it in a .358 win, but there are cheaper bullets that would do the same or better for the win.

I used a 44mag 250gr Partition gold in a Win 94 trails end, on a black russian boar and the performance was awesome. Shot the piggie at 35yds and he dropped at the shot. The bullet penetrated the cartiledge shield and was found under the skin on the off side. The bullet weighed 231grs and lost one petal, the other petals were flat against the shank of the bullet, excellent performance. :grin:

Back