1st trip to the range 2017

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I had some free time and crummy weather so I loaded up a couple of batches of ammo for the Ruger Hawkeye Predator 308.
Caught a nice day off so wandered up to the shooting bench for the first time in a good while.

First load is some orange tipped 180 grain Accubonds.
Was pleasantly surprised to get this result out of a clean barrel scrubbed well with Butch's Bore Shine.
e1338fb91dbcdfa68fc88e6a78e70e30.jpg

Next was some Sierra 165 grain SPBT. I had tried these with Varget previously but wanted to see what IMR 4064 would do.
First two were together. I really felt I pulled the third one out of the group left so fired a fourth just out of curiosity and was glad to see it rejoin the first two.

86c76221e6339ec33872b19a6a3ca949.jpg

I believe this is better than I've ever done with this rifle and was happy with the results of the first time to the bench for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice shooting! (y)

We've got some accomplished riflemen (and women) here on the Nosler Forum.

Guy

Excellent shooting, always liked 4064 for bullets below 180 grain.

TackDriver284":128tubij said:
Nice shooting out of a factory rifle. I am impressed. Orange tips on an AccuBond? Thought it was white. Maybe I am colorblind. :lol:
i
I think they were a special run for somebody. Picked them up from the Shooters Pro Shop.

A comforting load and some fine shooting on your part. Excellent picture.

Nice shooting. It looks pretty awesome. I had one of the 308 Hawkeyes. Wished I still had it.

I tend to spread them all over the paper so to get this result from the first load with the 180 Accubonds was very gratifying even if it was just luck.

I haven't shot them across the chronograph but book shows around 2470 with 24" barrel. I would assume a bit less with this rifle. Not a canyon load but good enough for the 200 yards or less I normally shoot.

Back