2 nosler bullets- 2 bucks

caribouhunter

Beginner
Mar 31, 2009
i had the chance to try the AccuBond long range 150 out of my 7wsm.
the shot was a mere 17yards...
the buck was directly facing me feeding.
i shot for the center of the neck and it dropped on the spot.
the bullet made it inside the rib cage and deflected toward the shoulder.
there was a 2 inch hole in the ribcage. it looks like it gave excellent penetration even at such a
short range and high impact velocity on a solid part of the deer.

beside me is my daughter. with her third and biggest buck so far.
it's her first with a rifle and her first she got all by herself. ( she actually called me at work from the
tree stand all excited about what just happened)
hinting pressure is extreme around here, and we pass 1.5 year old deer but still i can go 4-5 years to
get a shot at a 2.5 Y-O deer
to get 2 in 2 nights from the same stand was just unbelievable.
last week my daughter asked her grand father (my dad passed away 13 years ago) to bring him a
buck and later a spike showed up, that she passed. when i came back from work that night and related the story, i jockingly said she must be more specific in her request to her papi and ask for a "nice" buck.

well she did ask for a nice buck friday night and this 6 pointer showed up 10 min later...

he dressed at 181-lbs shot with a 120 Ballistic tip from her mom's 260rem
mine was 175-lbs
no monsters but memories i'll cherish forever.
i'll always remember her over the phone. excitedly saying " dad! i just shot one! i'm so excited, i'm shaking badly!! he's almost as wide as it's ears"

Excellent! And congratulations to the two hunters. Your daughter did very well, indeed.

Congratulations to the both of you, awesome job!

JD338

Great job on the deer, congrats. Those are good sized deer, how does the 6.5mm 120 gr Ballistic Tip perform on them?

Back