20 Cal Ballistic tip

17VLD

Beginner
Oct 3, 2004
In my post about the dream for a 17 cal BT, I neglected to say that
part of Chubs reasoning for no 17 cal bullets was that the tooling is quite
difficult to produce.I do understand this very well.
I think though with the intro of the .204 Ruger and the popularity of the various 20 cal wildcats, you guys need to get on board with a 20BT.
The tooling should not be as hard to make as a 17 and I think you guys could produce a super 20 with minimal cost.Please let us know if you would consider it.
TTFN
Matt :grin:

A .204 caliber BT bullet would be just GREAT in my opinion. I purchased a Savage 12VLP in .204 Ruger in June and have been having a tremendous time with it in the prairie dog towns of North Dakota. It would be just great to be able to use Nosler BTs in the 32 gr. and 40 gr. range in my Savage 12VLP. When are you going to start manufacturing these bullets for those of us who would like to use your bullets in our smaller caliber rifles as well as our larger calibers????

As the owner of five 20 caliber rifles, I would really like to see other bullet options in the .204 bore diameter than what is currently available.

TIA - BCB :grin:

After alot of messing around with other bullets in my 22-250, a friend introduced me to Nosler BT varmint bullets. I have not used anything but nosler since that day. For me these BT fly flatter and truer than anything I previously have used and the performance on varmints and coyotes leaves nothing to be desired. If Nosler were to make a 20 caliber BT, I would love life again because the bullets that are currently available are nothing to write home about and terminal performance leaves something to be desired. Nosler Please I'm Beggin, make a 20 caliber BT!!!
Thanks,
slygunner

17VLD":fmvv6sch said:
......Please let us know if you would consider it.
-Matt

I am with ya Matt. I want to get started on the 20 cals and would like
to see 40 and 50gr bullets in a plastic tip. Nosler's bullets would be
ideal.

So Nosler please consider it or the 17.
DB :)

Just bringing this up to the top so that maybe Nosler will answer. On one of the other forums someone said the old man at the Nosler Pro Shooters Shop said that Nosler isn't going to produce 20 cal. slugs. I would think that Nosler would want part of that market and for that matter the 17 market? slygunner

Are we ever going to get a response Nosler, or are we just being ignored? I would just like to know if Nosler plans on making a 20 caliber slug-yes, maybe, never?

All right already :grin:

Right now our lines are absolutly filled for AccuBond, Partition, and Ballistic Tip, not to mention our Custom Competition and Handgun lines.

We are building a 20,000 sq/ft expansion. This will allow us to do a better job of bringing out newer products and expanding our existing lines.

To answer your question, the 20 cal is on the table right now. It will be discussed on nearly a weekly basis. The more people that tell us to make one, chances are we will.

But for right now, no. The 20 cal is on the plate, but when we introduce one is up to you guys.

I'm glad to hear that you folks are consirering a 20cal BT.
I for one think spring '05 would be the perfect launch time
for a 5mm offering,shoot 5/5/05 could be the beginning of a great ad campaign.I'm sure it takes a lot more time to develop a new bullet,
but I'm willing to wait.Thanks again.
TTFN
Matt

Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply from NOSLER on Oct 20th.:

We are building a 20,000 sq/ft expansion. This will allow us to do a better job of bringing out newer products and expanding our existing lines.

To answer your question, the 20 cal is on the table right now. It will be discussed on nearly a weekly basis. The more people that tell us to make one, chances are we will.

But for right now, no. The 20 cal is on the plate, but when we introduce one is up to you guys.

comment from me:

Please don't forget about us 17 cal guys when table talking.
thanks

I'd love to see Nosler come out with Ballistic Tip bullets for the .20 caliber.

I forgot, "The sooner the better!"

We need a 20 cal. bullet. The BT is the ONLY bullet I shoot out of .22 cal guns, let's make tht true with my 204 as well....

Thanks Nosler...

I would think that a 20 cal BT in the 25 to 30 grain range would be awesome out of my 20BR.....then later you could add one a little heavier say 35 grains.

What color would a .20 ballistic tip be? Black? Gray? White? Pink?
There aint many color options to choose from nowdays with most colors already being took up with whats out now.

There has been a bunch of discussion about this project, just know that you guys have gotten our attention.

Back