200 AccuBond

ArmyCW

Beginner
Oct 29, 2008
Loaded up some 200 AB's today to try in 30-06.
Nosler Reload Guide 6 shows 53 of H414 as Max at 2560 fps.
BC is .588 which is still good for me for 2 + inch at 100 yds.
Was looking at seating depth and how much bullet is inside case.
I seated at 3.280
Using new Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies. bullet
die has a slide collet to keep it straight, hopefully smaller runnout.
Just wondering with this load, Looks compressed cause of the length
of bullet inside case neck! Anyone else use this bullet/ load with H414?

Kenny

I don't use the 200AB in my '06, but I did develope a load using the 180AB and H414. Got good results.
How are you measuring your COL? Reason I ask is, I measure from the bullet tip to base of the bass (kind of crude, but it works for me for what I do) and I have a COL for the 180AB and 180ET of 3.39".

i really like h414. i load it in many cases, but when i tried it in the 30-06 with heavy bullets (180gr-200gr) i was never happy with it. rl22 or h4831sc always gave better accuracy with the 200gr. YMMV

Richracer1":2u2f0jqy said:
I don't use the 200AB in my '06, but I did develope a load using the 180AB and H414. Got good results.
How are you measuring your COL? Reason I ask is, I measure from the bullet tip to base of the bass (kind of crude, but it works for me for what I do) and I have a COL for the 180AB and 180ET of 3.39".

I measure from base of brass to bullet tip. Yea, I little crude, but I'm
not BR shooter so feel this will be okay. Yep, I need a comparator to
do it right, but don't have one yet. With expeses of reloading guess
I'm a little tight right now to get one. Just spent $52.00 on the Hornadydies. Know what I mean? :grin:

ArmyCW":1fi48wdj said:
Richracer1":1fi48wdj said:

I measure from base of brass to bullet tip. Yea, I little crude, but I'm
not BR shooter so feel this will be okay. Yep, I need a comarator to
do it right, but don't have one yet. With expeses of reloading guess
I'm a little tight right now to get one. Just spent $52.00 on the Hornadydies. Know what I mean? :grin:

I was only asking about your COL measuring method to probe why your seating the 200AB so deep? Comparators may be better, but I don't plan on getting any. The crude method works.

Richracer1 said:
I was only asking about your COL measuring method to probe why your seating the 200AB so deep? Comparators may be better, but I don't plan on getting any. The crude method works.

Okay, got it. Sorry for the confusion. I really didn't think this was
deep! 3.280 is longer than I've seating even 180's. I got that OAL
measurement from 48th Edition Lyman Reloading Manual (200 gr SBT bullets) since the Nosler #6 doesn't have any OAL measurements.
Max for 06 is 3.340 Maybe I should try finding out where the lands are with this bullet.. :!:

Edit:
I checked by placement of bullet in brass, put in chamber and seat
bullet against lands with bolt handle. COAL Measurement is 3.440
with calipers.
I'm surprised. Will try and seat at 3.420 to start with.. Thats a funny looking round to say the least.
Kenny

That max you mentioned is SAAMI listed max, to fit in anyone's rifle. Yes, I recommend highly in finding out how far out to the lands and then seat the bullet to be .020 off of the lands to start with. My Vanguard Sporter 30-06 had a measurement of 3.41 (If I remember correctly) to have the 180AB touching the lands. I backed it up to 3.39 and got fantastic results and didn't have to mess with seating depth.

Back