2012 Nebraska Muley Buck

DrMike":31sxf16x said:
.280 Remington":31sxf16x said:
Thank you everyone for the kind words! It was a great day. Now I'm losing sleep over the big boy that is up there and thinking very hard about a muzzle loader purchase for December's season!

Spoken like a truly and seriously infected mule deer hunter. :mrgreen: Go get 'em, Mike.

There is a lot of truth in the above statement Doc..... :grin: :grin:

.280 Remington":28eo5a71 said:
The rifle is a 2007 Remington LSS Anniversary .280. It's the first time in 17 years I have used a different rifle for any big game animal. It's the rifle that I got from Northwoods Hunter(Tom) and he's been shooting my dad's 308!

I should've carried the 45-70 that day, as I snuck up on him to 25 yards!

Very nice deer and rifle buddy!

Nice deer and like your gun as well. Good luck on the muzzleloader season if you decide to buy one..

What a Trophy Buck! Enjoyed the story. I miss Hunting Mule Deer as I lived in Colorado for 10-yrs. Mostly High Country Hunts. Go get that Monster Buck!!

Don

Great deer and story, glad to hear there are still some country boys being brought up like I was.

Thanks everyone! It was a great hunt. And Mcseal, not to worry. There are a good amount of boys being brought up the right way. Not as many as there should be, but it's not lost that's for sure. By the way, I bought that muzzle loader and got it dialed in this weekend!!

.280 Remington":369w5imu said:
Thanks everyone! It was a great hunt. And Mcseal, not to worry. There are a good amount of boys being brought up the right way. Not as many as there should be, but it's not lost that's for sure. By the way, I bought that muzzle loader and got it dialed in this weekend!!

There are a number of us pulling for you to connect with the smoke pole, Mike. I wish you every success in this hunt.

Mike thank you for a great story & photos.
Sharing with that young fellow just topped of a great hunt.
Now for December glad you decided to try with a smoke stick more photos & another great story to come :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Thank you Gentlemen. I appreciate the thoughts and well wishes! Shot the new muzzy yesterday and was pretty darn impressed with it. Need to shoot more but out to 150 I don't see there being any issues!

Congatulations to the hunt and good follow story as well. I've always wanted to hunt NE, just haven't gotten around to it. I have access to some land on the Niobrara,,,,just got to get there some season.

.280 Remington":x229btbt said:
Thank you Gentlemen. I appreciate the thoughts and well wishes! Shot the new muzzy yesterday and was pretty darn impressed with it. Need to shoot more but out to 150 I don't see there being any issues!

That's great Mike. Should get you out there looking for another buck, right?

Back