2016 Muzzy Mule Deer success!

Silentstalker

Handloader
Jun 2, 2011
So my 13 year old Daughter drew out for her first deer tag this year and additionally I did as well. We just returned from an amazing trip where we saw numerous deer and the fall colors were unreal this year! This hunt took place in my home state of Utah.

I hunted opening morning and shot this great buck at about 80 yards from a ridgeline as I still hunted along a rocky chute. Not the big 4 I was hoping to find but too nice to pass knowing my daughter would be hunting the next day and my priority would be her hunt.

Over the course of the next 3 days my daughter had numerous opportunities at bucks. On Saturday morning she missed a buck at about 100 yards due to nerves and buck fever. This girl has determination. She never complained about the cold, rainy, muddy conditions and hunted hard. I could not be more proud of her.

Sunday morning she closed the deal on this great buck at 75 yards off the Bog Pod as it quartered towards us in the quakies.

We were both shooting my new CVA Accura MR muzzleloader. It's topped with a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12. It was loaded with 70 gr. BH 209 (by Weight) and a 300 Gr. Hornady XTP Mag and a MMP HPH 24 sabot. They both dropped at the shot and never twitched. The expression "as if hit by Thors hammer" came to mind. Very impressed with this combo. Hope you enjoy and have success on your hunts as well!
23c78eb3a16d35a8cde9f4d125ad2346.jpg
f4d53e91a86f79217e1ae6641e586de5.jpg
189da73dfad7e1783f22688d1edb2e04.jpg

Both are dandy bucks. Outstanding job getting your daughter out there with you. Proud to know you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Hunting with her is the highlight of my hunting career!

Side note, the bullet pictures was from my daughters deer. She hit him on the point of the right shoulder and we found the bullet in the right hindquarter just to the left of the tail under the hide. My bullet was a broadside pass thru. Tremendous performance!

Both deer are great animals. Congratulations to you and to your daughter. Glad to see a dad taking his daughter into the field.

Back