2018 Hunting Pictures

Buddy of mine just sent me a few photos from our Wyoming hunt earlier this month. Thought I'd share some:

Glassing at sunrise. Not good glassing into the rising sun, but that's where the deer were. Didn't see any "shooters" there.
reObVPul.jpg

Ready, watching for the mule deer buck to stand at about 350 yards or so. Rem 25-06 & 6x Leupold. Felt like I was in that prone position for about forever. But it was actually less than an hour after a good stalk:
KimSp6kl.jpg

Walking up on the downed antelope after a 250 yard shot from my 30-06 rifle. I'd spent two days stalking antelope without getting a good shot opportunity, so it felt real good to finally steady the crosshairs on a motionless buck. Not the biggest buck, but he sure tastes good. :)
fs1rRGrl.jpg

With my buddy Jayson, both of us happy that I got my antelope. That's his pretty doggone impressive mule deer buck on the front of the old Suburban in the background.
ELy0KQcl.jpg

Great pictures, Guy. They certainly give some perspective of what was taking place during your hunt. Thank you for posting.

My wife took her first moose a couple days ago at 50 yards. She was very excited to the point she froze leading up to the shot.

Browning X-bolt cf stainless
Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40
7mm-08rem
140gr Nosler Partition reloads

Attachments

• received_1902315379886539.jpeg
    received_1902315379886539.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,680
Congratulations to your wife. She sure must have been excited. Please tell us more - rifle, cartridge, bullet, load, etc.

Wow! I hope to do that some day!

Congratulations to the successful huntress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYDAN":1xe3d0fd said:
Congratulations to your wife. She sure must have been excited. Please tell us more - rifle, cartridge, bullet, load, etc.

Added the info to the post. (y)

Congratulations to your good lady. Fine dining on that lovely beast. (Yeah, I know, only another moose would find such a homely creature lovely.)

Brake708":n4rcl2yo said:
NYDAN":n4rcl2yo said:

Added the info to the post. (y)

I love those 7mms. Just hard to beat! Awesome little combo.

Finally the 4 year the no harvest curse has been stopped last Tuesday. My GF and I filled our ID antlerless elk tags. On our 6th day of seeing nothing, we went for a drive to sight see another part of the elk zone. On our way back to camp, I was glassing a moose in a quaky patch and just happen to glass to the right and up a little to see a legal elk. I told the GF to get out of the truck and chamber a round in her gun. She saw where the elk was and was able to pull off a remarkable shot with her 6.5 Creedmoor loaded with Nosler Trophy Grade ammo. The bullet was the 129ABLR. We later figured the shot distance of around 280 or so yards using a feature of the OnX App on her phone. I gave her the first shot at the elk and I was fortunate enough that after the elk she shot moved away another moved in for me to get using my new Nosler Liberty rifle in 30 Nosler with 180AB Trophy Grade ammo. It was a nasty retrieve to get the elk out of that quaky patch but after 250ft of rope, my atv/winch, and 8.5 hours last Wednesday, we had them out, back to camp hanging and skinned. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Our camp:

The quaky patch with where the elk were down:

The elk, a cow and calf:

One very happy lady:

Excellent report on a great harvest by the two of you. Glad to see that the 129 grain ABLR worked well for you. I really hadn't considered it for my 6.5 Creedmoor; I may have to give it another look. You definitely worked for those elk.

c5cdd0e01bdc25009b39005078816e8f.jpg

Youngest son and I with CO cow elk

fcd13b60ddfcde9213a714b12a0da789.jpg

Pack out crew consisting of youngest son, wife, cousins grandson, and cousin. CO rag horn bull.

958321d21931b58d7d1badc443f6bfcf.jpg

Big male coyote who made the mistake of staying in range of my buddy and his 7mm RUM. Connected with one heck of a running shot.

Folks just keep stacking up the meat. Great photos. Really like the whole clan getting involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delightful to see the help in packing out the harvest. Great photos, to be sure.

Back