2018 Hunting Pictures

Excellent!

Beerbucksducks - cool moniker by the way... :)

I too have shot a young buck over in Eastern Washington. Sure provided some wonderful meat for the table though! My son has taken three youngish bucks in Eastern Washington, all were terrific table fare. :)

Congrats all you successful hunters!

Guy

Cleveland , I just noticed you're shooting the Hornady interlock bullets . I've shot a pile of deer with those bullets , they work great . if you put it where it belongs , I don't think you can pick a better deer bullet .

jimbires":2m1m46z7 said:
Cleveland , I just noticed you're shooting the Hornady interlock bullets . I've shot a pile of deer with those bullets , they work great . if you put it where it belongs , I don't think you can pick a better deer bullet .
Yes they are my favorite bullet as far as cup and core bullets go. I shoot a lot of different bullets every year. Some premium some not. As far and old school soft noses go, they are my #1. I’ve only recovered one out of all the deer I’ve shot with them. Plus they have always been one of the easiest bullets for me to find accuracy with, the other being the great nosler BT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For years, the bullet of choice in my .280 was the Hornady InterLock 239 grain SP. It accounted for quite a number of mulies and whitetails. The bullet just plain worked for me.

I shot this pepper stick 6 pt on 11/17 with my 338 RUM and a 250 gr PT dropping him in his tracks.
00QlONA.jpg

JD338

Excellent, Jim. Lovely looking little buck. If you used more gun, would he be more dead? :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":1y66c6t7 said:
Excellent!

Beerbucksducks - cool moniker by the way... :)

I too have shot a young buck over in Eastern Washington. Sure provided some wonderful meat for the table though! My son has taken three youngish bucks in Eastern Washington, all were terrific table fare. :)

Congrats all you successful hunters!

Guy
Thank you! I have taken my share of young whitetails and they never disappoint at the table!

DrMike":ncpv84gm said:
Excellent, Jim. Lovely looking little buck. If you used more gun, would he be more dead? :mrgreen:

Probably dead 2x. Once from the load, and once from the muzzle-blast!

Actually it looks more like a bear to me.
[emoji3]
A nice one!

Don't see any points, Baltz! :shock: Something wrong with that elk. :? Makes great sausage, however. (y)

Yep those elk around Lapine get to looking like that, it's all the obsidian in the soil near Lapine.

The hazards of Elk hunting with a Bear and Cougar tag also. In 2015 if I had not missed (twice) My Elk would have looked exactly like a Cougar.

baltz526":29hbxqjt said:
The hazards of Elk hunting with a Bear and Cougar tag also. In 2015 if I had not missed (twice) My Elk would have looked exactly like a Cougar.

[emoji3]lol. !

Nothing wrong with the size of them bucks. They eat real well. Poked a spike this week myself for the freezer. Way to go everyone! the bear er elk good looking also. Dan.

Cleveland 48, BeerBucksDucks, JD338, and Baltz526,

Congratulations to all of you. Sounds like great shooting all around. These deer were taken with bullets from a 95 gr. BT from a .243 up to a 250 PT from a 338 RUM. That is quite a range of hunting equipment.

Cleveland you didn't mention your cartridge other than using a 150 gr. interlock bullet...

Baltz, what did you use on your "elk"?

Dan

NYDAN":3unccc9e said:

Congratulations to all of you. Sounds like great shooting all around. These deer were taken with bullets from a 95 gr. BT from a .243 up to a 250 PT from a 338 RUM. That is quite a range of hunting equipment.

Cleveland you didn't mention your cartridge other than using a 150 gr. interlock bullet...

Dan
NYDAN I was using a 30/06 with 150 grain interlocks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NYDAN":1jh6lqc5 said:

Dan
My 300 win mag carbine with 200gr Partitions. First was high shoulder into spine, Second neck into spine. He was moving through tall sage so I only had a high shot.

Nov 9 2018 blacktail buck carbine is a legal configuration in Canada 14" barreled T/C Contender carbine in 338JDJ #2 loaded with 180gr Accubonds @ 2500fps.

Back