22-250 rem loads

hundmeister

Beginner
Apr 23, 2012
I just bought a tikka t3 varmint 22-250 will be looking around for components, glass and mounts in the next little bit. Question is, is there a specific powder, bullet, primer that seems to work very well across the spectrum that i should be looking at. I don't have anything invested in this caliber as of yet so, I'm open to all opinions, if possible bear in mind that i would like a load that works in the hot summer to the cold canadian winters. im thinking along the lines of vmax or nosler BT. also a friend recommended 52 gr. amax with blc-2. I'm thinking along the lines of 50-55 grain bullets for prairie dogs to coyotes. Thanks in advance.

Blc-2, W-760 and H380 are all classic ball powders for the 22-250.
Any one of them paired with a 52gr Sierra MK or similar weight BT and a mag primer should provide bug hole groups in your new shooter.

50gr Vmax and 38.0gr of H380 with standard primer is lights in my dads rem 700 22-250. speed was a little slow but really accurate. I think it was around 3650fps.

I have had real good luck with Varget, RL 15 and H380.

JD338

Thirty-nine grains of H380, Fed210match, Rem. cases, and the 50 gr. Sierra Blitz @ 3900 has ruin'd many a p'dogs day 8) !

My Rem likes 52gr Sierra Matchkings over IMR4320 and a CCI 200 primer. It will make one ragged hole at 200 yds. The farthest chuck I've shot with it yet, is around 634yds.
Steve

A max charge of Varget under a 50 BTip or 52 Sierra HPBT Match will get you
3700+ fps and great accuracy. Also consistency in hot or cold weather.

Thanks guys. I have taken all into consideration and have come to the conclusion that i need to get my hands on varget or rl15. i think i should be able to make it work with that after all the research i put into this. I'm thinking of getting a vortex viper in the 6.5-20 flavour to top off the rifle as well so.. hopefull all goes well. Thanks.

Back