.223 E-Tip Please!

treesnake

Beginner
Feb 15, 2012
A 60 grain E-Tip for the .223 would be perfect. I love the Partition in this weight , caliber but I think the E-Tip would be better. At least for my daughter's deer, antelope, coyote, wolf rifle. Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.

treesnake":3db39lzn said:
A 60 grain E-Tip for the .223 would be perfect. I love the Partition in this weight , caliber but I think the E-Tip would be better. At least for my daughter's deer, antelope, coyote, wolf rifle. Thanks for listening. You guys are the best.

Treesnake, why do you think the ET would be better than the PT in the 60 grain weight? Not arguing a bit with you, as I am wondering. From all I have seen, the PT's in the same weight class seem to go as deep or deeper than the ET's, plus, probably a touch larger wound channel.

Saying that, I am all for Nosler having a ET for the 22 cal...

The 60 PT is a pretty rugged bullet though. I think Jim and some others have shot end to end through coyotes. I would run them into the little Va deer without too many worries myself.

treesnake":1mr4lpcp said:

I thought I would mention that Nosler offers a 64 gr Bonded Solid Base in .224 cal. It is one tough bullet!
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=18868

JD338

Back