243 partion

Michael C. Smith

Beginner
May 24, 2016
Guys how much jump for the 100 grain partion. As a general rule what do they like?

Thanks Michael

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have always felt you need to find out what your rifle prefers for jump with a bullet just as you have to find out what powder it likes the best with a given bullet. What works for one person's rifle may not necessarily be the best in your rifle.

I agree with the above response. I load (past and present) with this bullet in different rifles and have been as close as .025" and as far as .125" I consider the 100gn PT as a Hunting bullet and am not trying to get a 5 shot group under a dime. If I'm 3 shots in 1" I'm good for how we are using this load.

I generally start the Partition at .010 if it is possible. That way there is only 1 way to go. Haven’t found it too hard to make them shoot.

I have found the best accuracy with the PT to be .010-.020" off the lands. There are other accuracy nodes but those are rifle specific.

JD338

As others have already said, 0.010 to 0.020 inch jumps are optimum for the Partition in my experience. This holds true across a variety of cartridges.

Thank yall! I am working going to start working with them agian next week and see what they will do. The 100g were shooting erratic in this 243. I switched over to 95g bt and did some stock work on this factory stock and it seemed to help the 95 bt. So I am going to give the 85 and 100g pt a try again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back