243 Win and 95gr BT

Larry,

I hope all goes well for you and I wish you a speedy and long lasting recovery. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

JD338

Hey have a friend that just ask me about the .243 for deer, how are the heavier Hunting BTs in that cal on deer??? I am use to the 120 BT in 7mm for deer, how does the .243 BTs compare????

I took 4 Whitetails with my other .243 using 95gr. Nosler Ballsitic Tips. In my opinion the 95gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips turned the .243 into a real deer killing machine, but then I only take behind the shoulder shots also. In each and ever case each Whitetail only required the one shot. All bullets exited and I did not find any indication of bullet break up. Even more important to me is that each and every Whitetail either dropped in their tracks or only made it 20 yards or so.

Not sure how the 95gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips would work on a shoulder shot, but behind the shoulder mid way top to bottom of the chest worked great for me. I hope to get a load worked up for my new .243 with the 95gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips before this season.

Larry

Back