25-05 Accubond Performance

Quick update:

The gun does not shoot all that great with factory ammo.

My seconds order came today.

The barrel was not free floated. After the disappointing range session, I took care of that. I have a Jewell trigger on the way too.

I'll shoot it with some handloads and see how she does but I have a feeling a bedding job needs to be done.

Barnes 100 grain TSX performed well at the range, and in the field. However, be prepared for some significant copper fouling. This is the patch after only six shots with the TSX through my 700 CDL's factory barrel last summer.

313240.jpg

I was cleaning w/Sweets.

Regards, Guy

Bedded it on Sunday. Taking her out tonight to see how she does with the 110's and RL-22. That Jewell is one sweet trigger!

Racklover- If you've been following my posts on my 270 and 150g ssts you'll notice I put about 25 different loads through it before I found the sweet spot. Some rifles are pretty quick and easy with the right combo, others can be downright miserable. My 270 is accurate with 140-150g sierras and the 140g sst, so I knew it would shoot the 150g sst, it was only a matter of time before I found it. I was testing with 2 powders also, rl-22 and h4831sc. It took a while, but was worth it. I think I now found the bullet I would like to stick to for a while in the 270. Usually 25-06's are pretty accurate, and are not fussy, specially coming froma Remington that has a jewell and been bedded. You'll find the right load out of it soon enough, its only a matter of time.

I have found that in my SS ruger 25-06 that a 115gr Partition with 60gr of Retumbo i get 3230 fps and great accuracy, i use this load on mulies with great results.

Racklover":28tbpc7t said:
What do you think of the Remington SPS?

I just got one. I will let you know this weekend. I chose 100 gr BT's with rl 22 and 25. Great load for coyotes deer antelope.

Back