25-05 Accubond Performance

Racklover

Beginner
Oct 1, 2004
I will be getting a Remington 700 SPS in 25-06 for deer and antelope. Regarding the AccuBond, is the bullet stout enough to punch through the shoulders?

That bullet will punch through muleys, whitetails, and antelopes shoulders, no problems. I use the 115g btip out of a 25-06 on muleys and I am a shoulder shooter, it breaks both shoulders, completely destroying the lungs and leaves 1-2" exit holes. I have never had a 115g btip not exit, put it that way. I was always dissappointed to see a exit hole because that meant I could not find my dang bullet! Now I know thats what I want, the 115g btip is a pretty stout deer bullet with a good BC. However, since its bonded, the 110g AB will penetrate farther therefor I would never worry about not having an exit.

I have never seen a 700 that didn't shoot MOA or better with the right load. You will need to have the trigger adjusted down to about 2.5-2.75 lbs. Invest in a good quality scopelike a Leupold. A VXIII 4.5-14 wuld be just about perfect. You might also want to consider the Boone & Crockett reticle.
As for the 110 gr AB, more than enoough to punch through the shulders on deer.

JD338

Haven't got to work with a SPS, however they should perform like any rem 700. After a trigger job, maybe bed and float it, with good reloads, it should be capable of at least .75" moa. However I know that 25-06's are pretty accurate cartridges. They usually are not fussy. Stick with any proven load and it will amaze you at what it can do. The 25-06 is my favorite cartridge so I try to give it props.

Thanks for the help guys... You are helping me spend money! I already ordered the Accubonds and BT's. Looking at scopes and bases now.

The 4.5x14 Leupold with the B&C runs $579 for matte and $599 for the new gun metal grey. This aint getting cheap.

What's the consensus on the Leupold DD bases and Burris Signature rings?

Keep the suggestions comming...

Whew, I spent some coin today...

Ordered the Accubonds. Only thing is, I can't find any load data. Any help here is appreciated. The 110 is not listed in any manuals I have.

Use the 115 gr load data and work up watching for pressure signs.
IMR4350, IMR4831 and RL19 would be good powders to start with.

JD338

I have a VXIII B&C on my 25-06 with signature rings..... i like it
i shoot 53g of IMR4350 with the 110 AB

Its great! but pretty hot too..... i had an exit on a 400lb hog through both shoulders

gonna try a cow elk here in a few months

I used the 110 AccuBond, out of a Ruger No. 1, 26" barrel, last fall. Shot a blacktail buck at about 60 yards. The bullet shot through both shoulders, but was found on the opposite side, just under the skin. Weight retention was about 49%. I'm using 49.0 grains of IMR 4350, for just over 3,000 FPS and shooting just over 3/4" groups from 100 yards.
-TB

Im using 53g, h4831sc for 3085fps with the 110g AB. It shoots .5" at 100 yards, and 3.5" at 525 yards. 25-06 winchester 70 classic sporter. Haven't shot anything with them yet. If you need loads for 115g btips, pm me, I can give you quite a few.

TB,

Were you satisified with the performance? Thanks for the info!

Remingtonman,

Thank you too!

Racklover":1ndg1u6i said:
Now if Nosler can get the .264 AccuBond going, I can spend some money on those for my daughter's .260

130 gr coming your way this fall :)

Got the Leupold 4.5x14 B&C yesterday. Nice piece of glass!

Also got some factory ammo (remington 100's $115's) along with my reloading stuff. Still wating on my 2nds order from the Proshop so I will have to try the 100 gr. TSX while waiting.

Still waiting on the gun, Bud's was a little slow on shipping.

Back