25-06 110 G AccuBond Bullets

David

Beginner
Apr 4, 2006
I have been loading my 25-06 for several years now. I have not been pleased with the performance. The bullets go right through and the deer runs off with little blood trail. Little hole in and little hole out. I just got some of the new 110 g. AccuBond bullets to try. Does any one have suggestions on loads? It is not in my Nosler Book.

What bullet wre you using out of your 25-06 that you had bad results with? Just curious is all. Most my deer shot with 25-06 and any of the btips dropped on spot leaving nice size exit holes. NOt that tracking was neccesary, but if it was, you coulda been blind and found the deer. The 110g AB's will work nicely for deer. I would rather shoot the 115g btip personally. Cheaper, higher BC, just as accurate. I dont believe one needs a bonded bullet when it comes to deer hunting, the 115g btips have penetration and power behind it. With that said, theres nothing wrong with teh 110g AB. I worked up a load with them just in case I wanted to use them on something though. 51g h4831 gives me under .5" at 100 yards, and gave me 3.5" 4 shot group at 500 yards. Muzzle velocity was 3085fps. The 25-06 is a great deer gun, use the right bullet and you will start seeing bang flop results, guaranteed.

David,

What bullets have you been using for your deer hunting?

Either the 100 gr BT or 115 gr BT will be excellent for deer. Rem Man has had a lot of experience with the 115 gr BT in his 25-06. My buddy used my 257 Roberts with the 115 gr BT to kill a couple of bull Caribou.

Load up some BT's and your deer will go down fast!

JD338

I have used 120 g Nosler Partition, 120G Sierra, 117 g round nose Hornaday and I have used 100 g Nosler ballistic tip. I have not been pleased with the results.

Try the 115g btip if you want a cheaper bullet that works great. The AB's should still work. I"m surprised you were getting lack of expansion with a 100g btip. SHoulda left pretty good exits. I think a lower weight Partition would also work better then the heavy 120g. I would say use the 100g Partition if you want to use a Partition. What kinda deer you hunting?

Sub the 115/117/120 data for the 110. You should realize 3100 fps + pending on rifle.

David; I think the advice here is good, however, I have shot about 2 dozen deer wityh the 257 Roberts and the 115/120 Partition at just over 3000 FPS, only ever recovered one, and never had a deer go more than 40/50 yards after being ventilated by these. As some will point out, the Partition is probably not needed for deer, but In my experience it kills very well, so I cannot imagine what was happening with your 25-06 and that 120 Partition. Regards, Eagleye.

David, what all the fellow members said lots of great advice there, 25'06 is a STELLER round , jjmp :grin:

I have also used the 115 gr PT in my 257 Roberts and got impressive expansion on coyotes.
Another vote here to go with either the 115 gr BT or the 110 gr AB in your 25-06. Put one of these bullets into the chest of a deer and he won't go far.

JD338

What were your exact results with that load? (velocity accuracy)
Thanx

I have not chronoed this load, but I antcipate approx 3200 fps. I would say the accuracy is +- 1 inch at 225 yards. I shoot on bags, no vice or any fancy riggings. I have not developed a good method of measuring accuracy with this method at closer ranges. Any suggestions?

Back