25-06 CDL

Pop, the barrel is free floated all the way to about the 1st inch near the action. I created a pretty good cavity for bedding in front of the recoil lug.

Mike-JD, you might be on to something, but really, if it shoots 1/4" groups, I could not in my right mind ever get rid of it! I like the rifle, this one just ran me through the ringer.

I do think there may be. Super Grade in my future though. Thinking a short mag would be nice! Scotty

Then yes anything over 30 inch lbs is fine.

For example the weatherby accumarks are torqued at 65 inch/LBS

beretzs":2f0r3sfc said:
BK. Sorry, I didn't take pictures. I was doing the entire job at work, so my camera was left at home.

No sweat. Just was a little curious. There's probably 10,427 pictures of the bedding process on the interweb. That's way-cool you can leave your rifle at work for the bedding to set up. Of course, I work out of a hotel (sorta) and I bet housekeeping would have a cow to see rifle parts all over the room! :)

Rgr, I just tightened it up to the pillars. I didn't really "torque" it, but they can't turn any further. Metal on metal makes it nice. Don't really have to sweat guess work with this one.

BK. The next one I do, if ever I will record the entire process. I was too concerned with paying attention to the instructions and measuring with this one. Scotty

That's probably a good call. I don't know about you, but I don't multi-task well!

Overall, I liked doing the pillars. It seems like it has worked and should turn this bum into a shooter! Can't wait to really start dialing in some loads. Only about 30 rounds through it so far, so I imagine the barrel still has some breaking in to do also. It is off to a better start now than it was 3 weeks ago! Scotty

Scotty -
once my CDL in the .260 was bedded and had about 70 rounds down the tube it started to shoot the way any good rifle should. I think if you start playing with seating depths and maybe check out a couple different primers, you will find the load you are happy with.

Joel, I think this rifle will come around just fine. I still want to get a 4x12 or 4.5x14 on it, but I think as more rounds get down the tube, it will come around. I like the way it shoots, and I think with RL19 or 22 it should really come alive. I just got my shipment of 115gr PT's, so I am looking forward to seeing how those shoot. Scotty

Back