257 bee finally gets do what I bought it for.

Gm weatherby man

Handloader
Dec 19, 2010
It's been about 5 years, but the the be finally got a chance to reach out and strike a elk. Shot was only about 350 yards, but I was happy with the results. A dead cow downed with a 100 ttsx barnes bullet and only about 15 yards and flop dead all with in 10 seconds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,440
Congrats! There is something to be said for velocity!

Not to mention shot placement...

Nice! Congrats. What was the exact rifle and load?

257 weatherby in a wooded vangard with 72 grns of r-22 pushing a 100 grn ttsx at slightly over 3500 fps . 1/2 grouper each and ever day, it has accounted for some of my longest kill shots

Very nicely done! My little brothers are tearing up the NY deer with their 257 Weatherby.. Just shooting theirs gave me an itch to have one of my own. They are some speedy little devils!

Great elk!

Great shooting!
Got to love those Weatherby cartridges.
Looks like some good eating also.
Bullet blow through or did you recover it? If so on the recovery, be neat to see.

Dwh7271":1np2dcss said:
Great shooting!
Got to love those Weatherby cartridges.
Looks like some good eating also.
Bullet blow through or did you recover it? If so on the recovery, be neat to see.

Yeah ^^^^^^ What Dewey said! :grin:

Cool.
I just like seeing recovered ones to see how they worked out.
Complete pass through at that range with the 257 is pretty good stuff. Congrats!

Just reading these posts and my notes, I'll have to correct my self on my load. It was 70.5 grns of r-22 for 3530 fps. The shot placement was a high lung shot just behind the shoulder, not a rib was touched, not a stitch of meat damage. (y)

Back