257Wby Called Me Out Of The Woods

JD338":2lbov3hp said:
bullet,

Great to hear of such a successful range outing and finding a good load right off the bat. Sometimes we get lucky..... :grin:

I bet when you start working up loads in the spring, you will find a really good one! For now, load up and go kill a buck on the power line!!!

Good luck hunting this weekend.

Merry Christmas,

JD338

Merry Christmas to you also Jim and a Happy New Year.

I have loaded a box of ammo for my hunting with the 257Wby and I have chosen IMR7828 for reasons of experience with both powders. I think over the box of ammo I will find consistency with the IMR7828 as apposed to the RL-22. I liked the way the group printed and that gives me confidence that it will do the same down range. Now, time to hunt. Will start this Sunday and hunt Monday, Tuesday, Wed morning. Then I will leave for a special white tail hunt in South Louisiana and stomp around in the mud and fall in love with the swamp all over again since I was raised in Louisiana.

This has been the most disappointing year when it comes to finding a good buck. I think I am beginning to panic but I am still having more fun than a man should be allowed to have.

Back