26 Cal Accubond? When? What Weight?

What weight 26 cal Accubond would you like to have?

• 110g Accubond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 120g Accubond

• 130g Accubond

• 140g Accubond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HogWild

Beginner
Dec 1, 2004
When will we have a 26 cal AccuBond? Hope it's made with the 260 Rem in mind and has a weight of 120g or less. Hornady will probably come out with a 129g Interbond eventually. If you jump over that weight.....your at 140g. At the speeds a 260 shoots a 140g bullet, you typically don't need a premium bullet for most applications.......and you already have the 140g Partition for really tough scenarios.

A 110g AccuBond also sounds interesting. Noone has a 110g bullet that I am aware of. 260 Rem would shoot it about 3,100 fps. The AccuBond should be tough enough to penetrate after it looses the front. Wouldn't mind this option at all.

Would it help if I say "Please"?

I went with a 120 gr but will be happy with a 130 if it pops up. Any lighter and the SD is lower then I like for a bullet to be used on game. There isn`t any sense in making a bonded bullet that hasn`t enough shank behind it to drive deep. Lighter bullets work fine on lighter game, `lopes & `yotes, ect and yep, the 100 Partition drops deer. Remember too a higher BC will give a better result at longer range. This is something a AccuBond should be used for and the Partition choosen for closer shots. JMO

Hate to say it......but considering the response to this thread.......I think I understand why there is not an AccuBond in 26 cal. Only 6 people have even taken the time to vote. :(

I'm voting for the 140 grain for the 264 Winchester magnums and the 6.5-300 Weatherbys out there.

Brad

I'm with POP on this one...

Anyone use the TSXs? Looking for a bullet that has a protected tip that hits hard. Hence, the TSX and think the AccuBond would be awesome if it shoots anything like my .270 and .300 WSMs.

since the 120gr balistic tip works so well in my 6.5x55, i would like to see it, for a few reasons. one is with the 120gr bullet in my old swedish, it builds up less pressure, while still giving good velocity and perfomance.

I voted for the 130 grain because I believe the 140 gr would be too long to stabilize at .260 Rem and 6.5.x55 velocities. I certainly hope Nosler wouldn't try to make a 140 gr version for the 14 people who actually shoot the .264 Win mag and the 3 people who shoot the 6.5 Rem. Mag. (Actually forget the 6.5 Rem Mag. it would be too long to fit in the magazine) A 120 grain would be okay, but I think Nosler could use a bullet to combat Hornady's 129 gr SP and SST and possible future interbond. That stupid 129 gr SP is the bullet that shoots best in my 6.5x55 and it pains me to have to buy bullets in red boxes. I believe a nice 130 gr AccuBond would relieve me of having to have the "H" boxes in my inventory.

if Nosler can make a better bullet than the 130 gr. Triple Shock I think we'd have a giant slayer on our hands :shock: :grin:

Back