.260 & 130 Gr A-Bond

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Well I finally was able to pull one of JD's ideas off and capture a 130gr A-bond in a milk jug... the 5th one back @ 100 yds.
Unfortunately I'm about to give up on them as I've never been able to get the A-bonds to shoot as well as the B-tips. Poor pic of the one I captured, but used 47.0gr of RL-19....five shot average of 2990 fps. Most combo's I've attempted so far have been around an inch and a half @ 100, then switching to the 100gr & 120gr B-tips I'm getting around half inch. Not much velocity difference between the 120's & 130's either.....?
Captured bullet weighed in @ 79.6 grains.
GUNS014.jpg

Very Nice Power Stroke.
I've been saving milk jugs myself...

It would be interesting if you could also catch a 120gr BT and put it side-by-side with the AB. :wink:

That was my exact intentions... I had some 120's that I loaded ... got too excited on the group I had going and shot all five of them @ paper.
This is the third gun I can't get the A-bonds to shoot like the b-tips... 7mag, & my .300RUM are the others.

Im shooting 130 AB in my 260 Ti with 47.5 grs AA3100. Getting 2850 fps avg and pretty good groups for such a light rifle (6 lbs scoped).

Powerstroke

Nice bullet recovery. Don't give up just yet on the AB, try different seating depths and a couple different powders. The AB's shoot.

JD338

with ramshot mag powder 130 and 140 shoot into the same clover leaf hole. my gun shoot the ab very good. and i'm shooting factory seconds

Yep the ABs do shoot quite nice I shoot a three shoot group that was .260 with the 160s in my 7mm RM its all about the right powder.

130gr. at 2990 ? Man that 260 is sounding better and better all the time.If I keep reading Powerstroke's posts I am going to wind up owning one :p !

SakoSteve,
Forgive me for not remembering which model it is, but one of the Sportsmans close to me has the earlier stainless fluted light carry Sako priced @ $899.0 in .260. I keep trying to figure out how I can get rid of my wifes model 7 .260 and get her into that one.
( biggest issue we'd probably fight over it once she had it )

That A-bond was out of a M700 with a 25in Tube. It launches 100gr B-tips @ 3500 fps. :grin:

MAN OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smokinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

POP,

Gott-a give the credit to you on that one.. your recommendation of the H414 did it :grin:

SakoSteve,
I'm tryin, I'm tryin

It launches 100gr B-tips @ 3500 fps. :grin:[/quote said:
I've got a bridge in the desert for sale with ocean front property also. No way, if you are, you are way over saami pressure, or your chrony is off.

Back