260AI fire forming load

Nice. I just noticed you said H4831 vs H4831SC. Let me know if you want it ran as well. That rifle should be slick with 140 ABS

Thanks, but not necessary. I haven't noticed any difference in regular vs. SC, in other rifles I've tested.

I built this rifle specifically with the 129gr ABLR in mind, whenever they finally hit the shelves. Picked up some 140 AB overruns a few weeks ago from SPS, we'll see what they do in the mean time.

No worries, neither have I. Maybe a little more compressed if not dropped from a tube. Good luck, the 129's should be AWESOME in that 260.

Got some fire forming done and started a load work-up this morning. The barrel is still very green, with only 70 rounds down the tube.

She did not like the 140AB, but these 120gr Ballistic Tips are very encouraging. (that's a 1" dot) :)

I shot this group on Saturday. If the dummy on the trigger could control his breathing, this would have been an awesome 200yd group. Regardless, I think I've found the secret combination with this bullet. :)

Same load, just tinkering with seating depth.
50.0gr H4831
Fed GM210M primer
120gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
Seated 2.220" ogive, 0.035 off the lands

Back