264 Win Mag 140 BT's and RL25

Scotty, I'm not sure you left a whole lot of room for improvement anymore! Nice shooting!

dubyam":26s038bi said:
Scotty, I'm not sure you left a whole lot of room for improvement anymore! Nice shooting!

That's the point isn't it Dubyam? Fix them till there broke!

Finally got that one to shoot too! 3180 is smoking too. Are you sure you need your Whelen as an Elk rifle?

That's a good load buddy. Nice shooting too. Seems the Whelen fits your hands better from the results noted in the other thread though. :mrgreen:

Don

Wow, you found yourself a great load 3180 fps and accuracy like that it doesn't get much better than that, great shooting there Scotty.

gerry":ozz8gpdi said:
Wow, you found yourself a great load 3180 fps and accuracy like that it doesn't get much better than that, great shooting there Scotty.

It might run as an alternate to the 35 Whelen or 338 in Idaho this year. Pretty sure it would hammer one of those elk! Going to try the ABs tomorrow to verify the load. If they shoot near as good I'm done monkeying around! Now I will just have to hawk SPS waiting on 2nds.

I ran the same load with the 140 AB's today. 67.6 grains of RL25, CCI250, Nosler Brass and of course, the 140 AB. Speed is about 20FPS faster on the average, but that could have been the chrono set up. Anyhow, it shoots to the same POI, and the dies are in the identical spot. The AB's do load about .005 longer, but not hardly enough to mess with at all. Pretty happy, be fun to put one of them into the jugs. Haven't seen the 140 AB smashed into jugs yet!

2D1F71CF.jpg

DON":41gkiyxt said:
I'd say your there and done.

Don

Me too. Shot another one homer with those 140 BTs as well. Very happy with everything about the loads. I wanna shoot something pretty bad with it!

Scotty,
You have all your loads/rifles dialed in! Time to shoot something besides paper. Any state near you have hogs - thats about the only big game I know that you can hunt this time of year. What about spring bear seasons? If all else fails you can buy a new rifle and play with that. :lol:
Scott

muleman":25on73mt said:
Scotty,
You have all your loads/rifles dialed in! Time to shoot something besides paper. Any state near you have hogs - thats about the only big game I know that you can hunt this time of year. What about spring bear seasons? If all else fails you can buy a new rifle and play with that. :lol:
Scott

I think there are a few around to shoot hogs, but I take off for work in a little more than a week Scott, so I am thinking I will be waiting out the Fall with you guys. So post lots of pictures and buy lots of guns this year! I have to live vicariously through you all for the next couple months... :lol:

Those are some potentially great rifles for someone to carry afield.

OK ,OK, OK
I give up Scotty, you definately can give as well as receive this enabling thing. I have not even received my Rum and BLR or even fired my Ruger #1 in 338WM and you have me trying to figure a way into a 264WM> :lol: At least it's current production and I can hold off a bit. If the two I have up for sale go soon....... who knows. I'm sure glad the good weather is coming - I'll shoot more and buy less.
RADD forever!
Scott

Scotty,
One thing for sure will happen, something is gonna hit the ground when you pull the trigger. :mrgreen: Something like BANG FLOP. :wink:

Don

muleman":30m9srio said:
OK ,OK, OK
I give up Scotty, you definately can give as well as receive this enabling thing. I have not even received my Rum and BLR or even fired my Ruger #1 in 338WM and you have me trying to figure a way into a 264WM> :lol: At least it's current production and I can hold off a bit. If the two I have up for sale go soon....... who knows. I'm sure glad the good weather is coming - I'll shoot more and buy less.
RADD forever!
Scott

I almost wished I would have waited and gotten a newer M70, but the current Classic shoots fine. It just needed the bedding worked a little. Either way, the 264 running full tilt is a pretty sweet cartridge. Recoil seems to be VERY mild. It can't be much more than 270 level's with about 200 FPS on the 270 Win's with similar bullet weights. Pretty nice combo.. Not that I really need that niche as the 270WSM smokes em both!

I think your right Don. I am looking forward to doing some hunting with that rifle now. Heck, I now need to save up for some optics for it. Wanna put a good scope on it.

Well done! That is blistering. :twisted: These results put to bed the 257Wby vs 6.5RM vs 264WM contest running in my brain.

I've found the same with the BTs and ABs as far as POI in every cartridge except one 7mm-08. It's a nice feature and time-saver when it comes to hunting season.

Again, nice shooting.

Back