264 win mag powder?

Finally got some range time, before the rain came in.

Ran the 74 and 75 gr RL 33 loads over the magnetospeed. Groups on the 74 gr weren't too good - about a 2.5" group at 100. They were still under 3000 FPS for the 3 rounds I put over it.

The 75 OTOH, shot sub-1" groups. Printed 3 that were around .5" with 5 staying around .9" or so.
Chronograph showed they were running like this:
Series 2 Shots: 4
Min 3060 Max 3084
Avg 3072 S-D 9.9
ES 24

Series Shot Speed
2 1 3084 ft/s
2 2 3060 ft/s
2 3 3075 ft/s
2 4 3071 ft/s

I'll play a little with seating depth but it looks like I've found a load to work with.

Next will be taking it out to distance and seeing how the BC holds up.

Bbear that sounds like a great load with very good velocity.

I'm taking my new-to-me pre-64 out again this afternoon to see if I can finalize my load. I've been using 7828 behind 140 Accubonds and results have been very promising so far. Velocity's running around 3125 or so. MOA has been quite easily achieved.

RR keep us posted on how she does. I have not tried 7828 but it sure looks to be a great powder choice.

N570 is like black gold....my 338 Lapua loved the stuff! Only downside was it was very expensive and I could rarely find it locally. But accuracy was excellent and it produced exceptional velocity. If you have access to it I would certainly give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a nice seating depth, and I ended up selecting a load of 63.7 grains of 7828 pushing the 140 AB to about 3175. Group was 0.57 inch. I'm happy.

RiverRider":yz3brjbm said:
Found a nice seating depth, and I ended up selecting a load of 63.7 grains of 7828 pushing the 140 AB to about 3175. Group was 0.57 inch. I'm happy.

That could make a man happy. :grin:

shoots_5":6jpuphol said:
N570 is like black gold....my 338 Lapua loved the stuff! Only downside was it was very expensive and I could rarely find it locally. But accuracy was excellent and it produced exceptional velocity. If you have access to it I would certainly give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Lapua loved N560 with 250 accubonds. IF I ever find some N570 I want to try it in the 264 that's for sure.

My previous seating depth turned out to be less than consistent so I played with it and gathered some data. This is where I ended up this morning...

scan0002_zpsqgiujwnx.jpg

That is great, RR. Good velocity to push an accurate load with a premium bullet--that'll take down about any game in North America.

I hope to get the same results. My father in law wants me to reload for his rifle. Win pre 64 mod 70. I only have 7828ssc and am loking for the 140 accubonds. Hopefully I can get something that good to shoot out of his.

Nice work and shooting.

RR that is one impressive group, looks like you have an undisputed winner right there and great speed to boot.

Nice shooting RR. You are ready to go fill your freezer.

JD338

RiverRider":3n2v5y8b said:
My previous seating depth turned out to be less than consistent so I played with it and gathered some data. This is where I ended up this morning...

scan0002_zpsqgiujwnx.jpg
That'll work just fine. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Excellent speed and accuracy, you have yourself a great load there.........

RR,
That's an impressive load and great shooting!

Mike,
I need to get some RL33. It looks like it may be the ticket for some of these toys. :grin:

Back