27 cal accubonds

Hegland

Handloader
Jun 1, 2006
Anybody got a good recipe for 270 Winchester? I used Re 22, WLR primers and the accubonds which are 140 grains and got 2" groups. Shooting a vanguard, which I hoped would do better.

I would try 52.0 grs of h4350 with a Fed 210 Match primer, got a .685" for six shots-one was the fouler-at 100 yards in my 22" post-64' Model 70. Load them long too, like 3.320" if your magazine and throat will allow it.

I have'nt tried any 140's yet. but I use 58 or 59 grs. of rl-22 with 150 partitions and speers. I think rl-22 is the 270 powder.

I tried a couple different combos with the 140's and rl-22 and h4831sc out of my own remington bdl 270. I could get no better then about 1.25 moa which is unacceptable for me. I dont think its the bullet fault though. My particular 270 did not shoot btips either. That is really odd for me. I have never had a rifle not shoot btips. Anyways, I think my bore is ever so slightly oversized that btips and ab's with there hard ass jackets, under pressure they do not expand to the barrel as with conventional bullets such as sierras or hornadys. My rifle shoots sierra gamekings .5". Never hurts to try the 140g AB. I can seat my bullets out to 3.425" in my .270 which is a lot longer then what they usually should be. I wished my rifle woulda shot them into .5" or so because I would have used them for a nice all around coyote, deer, elk, long range target bullet.

58 gns of H4831SC and 140 Accubonds work great for me out of 2 different rifles. One a Sako and the other a Remington.

This is a warm load so please work up.

Long

Thanks for now. I've really only messed with 223 and 243 to date, so I'm new to the heavier bullets as well as the slower powders. I am thinking I will play with seating depth as I have plenty of room in both the chamber and magazine, and if that don't work, then try different parts.

Thanks for the advice.

Back