27 nosler brass

Sas874runner

Handloader
Oct 10, 2012
Couldn't find a post about this. I'm having issues with nosler brass for my 27 nosler. Some cases are taking tremendous amount of pressure to seat the bullet while others in the same lot are seating just fine. I anneal after each firing. Has this been an issue?

Tumble your brass in corncob after annealing. The annealing tarnish is very sticky!

The other option is to brush the necks but I would suggest keeping the natural carbon in the necks.

For some reason tumbling in corncob takes the edge off of the annealing tarnish but keeps the carbon layer.

You can also coat the inside of your neck (After tumbling) with some NEOLUBE #2 with a cotton swab.
Let it dry for a bout 5 minutes before seating.

Would love to hear more about your 27 Nosler, don't hear too much about it and it's a cool round.

Tumble your brass in corncob after annealing. The annealing tarnish is very sticky!

The other option is to brush the necks but I would suggest keeping the natural carbon in the necks.

For some reason tumbling in corncob takes the edge off of the annealing tarnish but keeps the carbon layer.
I do tumble in corncob after annealing. I'm starting to wonder if I need to anneal some of the pieces more than once in order to get the brass softer.

Would love to hear more about your 27 Nosler, don't hear too much about it and it's a cool round.
It's actually one of my favorites. Yes the 28 nosler has a better bullet selection but recoil is much lighter in the 27 and accuracy is spot on. I have a 28 nosler as well. They both shoot extremely well but there is just some thing about the 27 that I like more.

I do tumble in corncob after annealing. I'm starting to wonder if I need to anneal some of the pieces more than once in order to get the brass softer.
I forgot to mention, I use Imperial dry lube ( graphite ) in the case necks also.

It makes my seating pressures nice and consistent.

It's actually one of my favorites. Yes the 28 nosler has a better bullet selection but recoil is much lighter in the 27 and accuracy is spot on. I have a 28 nosler as well. They both shoot extremely well but there is just some thing about the 27 that I like more.
Since I'm a fan of the 277 bore anyway the 27 Nosler is the one I liked best too but went with a 6.8 Western instead. Loaded with the new 165-175 gr bullets it would be a beast at long range for deer to moose. I like that they designed it with a longer neck compared to the 26 and 28. What loads do you like?

Since I'm a fan of the 277 bore anyway the 27 Nosler is the one I liked best too but went with a 6.8 Western instead. Loaded with the new 165-175 gr bullets it would be a beast at long range for deer to moose. I like that they designed it with a longer neck compared to the 26 and 28. What loads do you like?
I know you weren't talking to me but,
150 Ballistic tips and n570!! 3280 fps in a 26"20211231_110543~2.jpg

Couldn't find a post about this. I'm having issues with nosler brass for my 27 nosler. Some cases are taking tremendous amount of pressure to seat the bullet while others in the same lot are seating just fine. I anneal after each firing. Has this been an issue?
Do you use bushing dies and expander Mandrels? Together with frequent annealing that’s the best way I know to get consistent neck interference/tension.

Back