270WSM 150gr Ballistic Tip Load Recommendation

I am with you Mighty Peace. I used the 140gr AccuBond for an Elk and Mule Deer a few years ago. It did an excellent job and would use it or the Partition if I was using this rifle for elk soon. Right now I just want to use it for Va, NY, and NC deer. None of them are particularly large. I bought BT's because I can shoot a lot of them for relatively little money and they will work for my intended game. If I can get some more Nosler 2nds in the AccuBond or Partition, I will build another load suitable for elk and bear. Plus, above all else, I like to load and it will be fun for me to get an accurate hunting load that once it is built, I will have it forever. Scotty

I just tried some RL22 in my sons 270 WSM in a Savage with 24 inch barrel and it sucks. Used a load that the manual claims over 3000 FPS and the Chrono is showing 2700 and slightly flattened primers.

Still waiting for a range day to try out the RL22. Looking forward to it though, some say it shoots really well and others are saying it stinks. I guess I will find out shortly. Scotty

The thing that effected the accuracy the most was seating depth! mines does not like the bullet anywhere near the lands! Mines at the sammi 2.860"oal

At this oal all loads were under 3/4"

I set all of my loads at SAAMI also. Hopefully that helps with the accuracy. Scotty

I set my 140gr AccuBond load in my 270WSM at 2.860" due to the magazine length. That puts them .088" off the lands in this particular rifle, and the only way I could improve on the accuracy is to have a better marksman shoot the groups.

Back