270wsm/150gr Deep Curl

dubyam":95popvy9 said:
Of course, if you have a 270WSM, you have to be alright with being in second place. A win by a nose is still a win, guy! :twisted: :twisted:

I am fine with it :lol:

The 270WBY is a beast, that is for sure. I can safely push into the 3150 range with 150's in my rifle, using RL22. I get excellent accuracy at that speed, so I don't monkey with it. I imagine the WBY should be an easy 100FPS better with a 26" barrel and more powder. Not sure how much case efficiency plays in either, if any? Either way, they both do okay...

dubyam,

No argument from me. I'm actually loading for a 270 WBY today. I anticipate being at the range this afternoon or tomorrow to test it out. The owner asked first for Bergers, but they didn't stabilise. So, it is back to the drawing board with 150 grain TSX. We'll see what it does, but I would expect it should do well.

The Mark V that I have was handed down from my father....it is a early 80's model that was won in a raffle, it has a 24" tube.....I will do a wsm vs wby mag head to head showdown as my wsm has a 24" as well.....

should be interesting

double_d":3ji4gdhs said:
The Mark V that I have was handed down from my father....it is a early 80's model that was won in a raffle, it has a 24" tube.....I will do a wsm vs wby mag head to head showdown as my wsm has a 24" as well.....

should be interesting

Looking forward to that!

Back