.277 130 Accubond

Hi there all:
I have just finished the test of AB130gr. in 250 and 300Meters and I got satisfied more that Sierra and Hornady.
My first shooting and getting groups in target with Nosler Products.
the group size for 250M. was wonderful , it is 7.5cm and for 300M it is 18!!
I had a flying shot for 300M unfortunately but considering the other 2 shots and Trajectory , in both ranges , really it works great .
By the way , the Muzzle Velocity average was 2800fps with 44gr. IMR 4895.
I have lots of questions and I will ask later.
The CAOL I fix it with Magazine is 3.291'' .
Tanx all
Rami

DrMike :
Hi.
Thanks so much for your comment.
There is no pressure sign in cases or anything else. it is only a minimal mark and effect of bullet color (copper ) is seen in the mouth of barrel...
can I add 1-2 grins to my load to increase the velocity to around 2900?
Also I wanna increase the CAOL as single shot only in shooting, it is possible to get better accuracy and group size?
Thanks all
Rami

It would appear that you have room to increase your load. I would work within the parameters of a good loading guide, such as Nosler No. Six Hand Loading Guide. These loads that are presented have been pressure tested given the conditions stated and using the components listed. I would anticipate that your accuracy would improve considerably as you increase your charge to approximate maximum pressure. Moreover, with the 130 grain AB and a 22 inch (600 cm) barrel, I would anticipate that you should be able to reach 3000 fps (930 m/s) quite easily. So long as your bullet does not actually engage the lands, increasing the COAL will not be unsafe.

DrMike :
Thanks so much.
Is it necessary to a very like crimp?
As I told before, there is no sign of pressure and I can use max. to 45-46gr. loading.And you did not advise me about sign of copper on mouth of barrel.
Re to cases, I have 2 kinds of cases some light and some a little heavy.
if I load in heavy cases , does it increase the pressure?
I forgot to mention that I use Winchester LR primers.

By the way , how can I attach pic.Pics. here? I can not find it .
Bests
Rami

You do not need to crimp. When working up a load and then shooting the load, it is best to use the same case type throughout all steps. Different cases have different capacities, different ductility, different wall thickness, etc., all contributing to pressure differences. The traces of copper can be removed with judicious cleaning with a good copper solvent.

Here's help on posting pictures: http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10797.

DrMike:
I appreciated of your kind help and advices.
I am a little puzzled that why Sierra 130 pro hunter gave me 25-30 cm trajectory below target while with the same powder and same components , the Nosler AccuBond 130gr. gives me a group around the target that is 12-14cm trajectory below target !
Of course I know it is boat tail and with long ogive and high BC and accurate performance.
for Next, I will test again in 200-250-300M ranges to see the final result but this time I gonna load around 45gr.
What I meant by asking for copper traces was if it is the pressure sign or not??

I will check and study the link you sent me for attachment.
Thanking you
Rami

Copper traces in the barrel are not indicative of excessive pressure; it is residue left from the jacket of the bullet being forced to conform to the lands and grooves.

Dr.Mike : Why the group is jammed in the left with Nosler AB , while it is vis ver sa it is on the rigth with Sierra pro hunter.
Best Regards
Rami

Differing bearing surface and differing design causes bullets to exit the barrel at different points in the harmonics of the barrel.

Mr. Dr.mike :
You mean it deals with groove spin to the left or to the right.
My barrel's groove is to the right.
Thanks
Rami

Bearing surface refers to the amount of jacket in contact with land and grooves. It is dependent upon location of the ogive and the length of the bullet.

Mr.DrMike:
Hi, I wanna neck size some cases for AB130 and I wonder if I neck size till end of neck or 1-2mm above shoulder and neck border.
Considering this fact that I put most part of the bullet inside the case it is wise to keep a harmony and size the neck fully till close to shoulder?
I appreciated of your instructions as always...
Regards
Rami

Rami270,

To actually neck size, you need a neck sizer. What most of us do is truthfully "partial neck sizing," using the full length sizing die. If you use a dry lube such as motor mica, you will be able to see the datum line quite readily. We will size to within a mm or so of the shoulder. You will find it necessary to set the shoulder back a few mm after a couple of firings to ensure smooth feeding of the cartridge through your chamber. You are correct that consistency is important, so whatever you opt to do, treat all your loads identically for that series.

DrMike:
Certainly Sir.
I will try my best to treat them all as series...
I have both full size die by Redding and Neck size by RCBS.
I usually size the neck of cases up to 1mm or 1.5mm to shoulder.
I heard to full size each case after at least 6-7 times reloading or whenever the action has a problem in bolting or let's say closing it.
Till now it is easy to close the action and simply and softly the case moves into the chamber.
I use lube Redding oil when I want to neck size the cases. I put a slightly little oil mostly by hand to outside of case necks and neck size nut.
Regards
Rami

It sounds as if you are doing things right. The best of every success as you make up your loads.

Dear DrMike:
I appreciated of your instructions and comments.
Please explain to me how to Partial Neck size by Full sizing Die!!
I mean what is the advantages and disadvantages of this method with Full size Die?
You mean I cancel neck size Die and I size the neck with full die?!
Kind Regards
Rami

DrMike:
By the way , is the powder of 300Mag. the same as 270Win.? I mean same burning rate .

Bests
Rami

They are different cartridges. It might be possible you could use the same powder, though not necessarily so. Generally speaking, the 270 Win will work better with a slightly faster powder than does the 300 WM. Again, these are matters that have to be tested and verified as safe.

Dear DrMike:
But you did not explain to me how to Partial Neck size by Full sizing Die!!
Is it deal with high accuracy ?
Best Regards
Rami270

Back