.28 Nosler...

Guy Miner":1zfwih3u said:
desertcj":1zfwih3u said:
Regardless, it sounds like the most powerful 7mm that will fit in a standard action. 7mm STW and 7mm RUM won't fit in my Savage 7mm rem mag.

Well, the standard Rem 700 action length takes the 7mm STW, and the Rem Ultra Mag cartridges just fine... Food for thought.

Regards, Guy

Yes sir you are correct!
the rem 700 comes in short action and long " will fit anything" action Unlike savage ruger and some others.

Rigbymauser":x0wsy545 said:
Nosler is gettin´there....Looks really good now...I guess I have to invent the 27Nosler myself..:LOL
The 7mm looks like something I could get addicted to. A real plasma gun...

I like the thought of the 27 Nosler.

PTG has reamers for the 27 Nosler, 30 Nosler and 33 Nosler. I believe these are where Nosler is going next.

I've personally got a 28 Nosler reamer, dies and brass ordered. The 30 and 33 also seem very interesting. I think there'd be very little difference between a 28 and 27, so that doesn't interesting me much.

-nosualc

The 28 does look bad azz!

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 6,913
Introducing The 28 Nosler!
One year ago, Nosler introduced their first namesake cartridge to the world. Since then, the 26 Nosler has achieved such renowned success that adding another member to the cartridge family became an obvious decision. Please welcome the 28 Nosler®as the most powerful 7mm cartridge commercially available today.

Ballistic enthusiasts are well aware of the benefits and advantages that 7mm (.284 caliber) bullets have, such as inherently high ballistic coefficients for long range accuracy and minimized wind drift.

The attributes listed above, in partnership with the Nosler bullets and velocities listed below will soon be available in Nosler's Trophy Grade™ Ammunition. For those looking for the edge in power, velocity and long range performance in 7mm caliber, look no further.

24" Barrel 26" Barrel
Nosler® Trophy Grade™ Ammunition - 160gr AccuBond® 3250 fps 3300fps
Nosler® Trophy Grade™ LR Ammunition - 175gr AccuBond® LR 3075 fps 3125fps

The 28 Nosler® shares the same parent case as the 26 Nosler® as well as the C.O.A.L. of 3.340" allowing this cartridge to be operated in a standard length action for lighter weight and shorter bolt throw when compared to magnum length actions.

Of course, Nosler will be supporting this new cartridge with Nosler® Brass, Trophy Grade™ Ammunition and naturally, their full line of M48 rifles in 26" barrel configurations.

Since we were talking about action length I will put this out there. It's not that the Savage action is too short for the STW or the rum, the issue is that the dbm is 3.5". Plenty long for the 28 Nosler however as well as the original 7mm magnum....

Savage did build me a 300 rum custom on their action.

Does anyone know when pac-nor will be able to chamber their barrels in 28 Nosler? I might have to rethink my 6.5-55 swede build. Especially since the 28 will fit in my long action win 70. That and a Zeiss HD5 3-15 would be sweet!

ScreaminEagle":3sfw3hf4 said:
Does anyone know when pac-nor will be able to chamber their barrels in 28 Nosler? I might have to rethink my 6.5-55 swede build. Especially since the 28 will fit in my long action win 70. That and a Zeiss HD5 3-15 would be sweet!

That would be very cool. With the Model 70's it's very easy to swap the 3.4" mag box over to a 3.6, you'd need to change the follower anyhow. Along with a shortened bolt stop you'd really be able to get that bullet out of the case and really stretch its legs.

SJB358":3gj5rfpb said:
ScreaminEagle":3gj5rfpb said:

That would be very cool. With the Model 70's it's very easy to swap the 3.4" mag box over to a 3.6, you'd need to change the follower anyhow. Along with a shortened bolt stop you'd really be able to get that bullet out of the case and really stretch its legs.

Scotty,
That's why I picked up a couple M70s already chambered for the RUM. They were $600-650 and the follower and mag box were ready to go. I've already run 3.6" 28 Nosler mock ups through these and they feed well. If you already have a 3.4 action the change over is still pretty inexpensive. My plans are to build a 28 Nosler and a 33 nosler which will cover any hunting I'll ever do.

Scott

muleman":200s4sf5 said:
SJB358":200s4sf5 said:
ScreaminEagle":200s4sf5 said:

Scotty,
That's why I picked up a couple M70s already chambered for the RUM. They were $600-650 and the follower and mag box were ready to go. I've already run 3.6" 28 Nosler mock ups through these and they feed well. If you already have a 3.4 action the change over is still pretty inexpensive. My plans are to build a 28 Nosler and a 33 nosler which will cover any hunting I'll ever do.

Scott

Oh yeah, makes sense to me Scott. I'm a huge fan of a fast .284 or .277 and then a medium like a .338 or .358. With that pair we could really spend a lot of time in the field trying to figure out what we were missing. Stoked up with some awesome bullets you'd really have it locked down.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Nosler powered Model 70's Scott. I'd do a danged 27 Nosler just to be different. Something about launching 150 PTs and BTs at 3300 sounds cool.

I'm really liking the idea of the long & lethal 175 at 3075 fps. That sounds like a great long-range game killer.

Scotty,
I have a Win70 in 270Weatherby. I'm not sure which would be more fun the 270Nosler or the 270Bee. I've got the Bee spitting 150s at 3200fps; including the ABLR. I've got most loads shooting pretty well. The 27Nosler would add some to that I'm sure, not sure how much though. Do you think 3300 or maybe a little more?
Scott

Not sure on the 270 WBY vs the Nosler, but if you've already got a Wby doing 3200, your probably at the top of the curve. Heck, my little WSM runs the 150 PT's at 3150 and I am very happy with that load. I just like the 270's..

That is a svelte combo Fotis. Having a 270WSM slows me down a little from wanting a bigger 270 WSM, but your combo is certainly enticing..

Back