3 Cartridge Battery?

remingtonman_25_06":36qpcs4l said:
POP- I thought you had a 25-06, or wound up with a 257 WM??
Well I decided on the 358 and I was just informed that the shop can not get it for me sooooooooooooooo
back to window shopping.

POP":dygnlz33 said:
Just for fun!

3 Cartridges/rifles for the whole world. This is big game ONLY so no I will not confiscate your varminters/rimfires. :lol:

What say thee?

.300 H&H
.375 H&H
.470 Nitro Express

That should cover most of the bases and do it with style.... :grin:

-Bob F.

safariwoman.jpg
hunter-safari.gif

BFaucett":31oajmh4 said:
POP":31oajmh4 said:
Just for fun!

3 Cartridges/rifles for the whole world. This is big game ONLY so no I will not confiscate your varminters/rimfires. :lol:

What say thee?

.300 H&H
.375 H&H
.470 Nitro Express

That should cover most of the bases and do it with style.... :grin:

-Bob F.

safariwoman.jpg
hunter-safari.gif

Style and class that is!

Do you currently own a 358Norma, Skovbo? I am interested in the cartridge just because it appears to offer a few things not covered by the handy 338-bored guns. Plus, it is a little different, too. If you have one, what is it, and please give me your impressions of shooting and loading the cartridge.

.260Rem.....P.S. Where's the A.B.s for this round? hmm hmm

.280Rem & 150grn B-Tips

.300RUM & 180grn & yes A.B.'s rock!!

dubyam":1xriehx0 said:
Do you currently own a 358Norma, Skovbo? I am interested in the cartridge just because it appears to offer a few things not covered by the handy 338-bored guns. Plus, it is a little different, too. If you have one, what is it, and please give me your impressions of shooting and loading the cartridge.

Yes, I've got a Kongsberg 393 Lux in 358 Norma and I really like this Scandinavian combination :grin: (Danish hunter/Norwegian rifle/Swedish cartridge). Reloading is easy and recoil is manageable. It is very effective on game. I haven’t shot a lot with the rifle, but it has until now been one shot kills.

Here is my rifle. The scope is a Nikon Monarch Gold 2,5-10.

04hjort.jpg

Nice buck, nice rifle. I am always looking for interesting combinations that work well and perform their intended task without fail. I like my small bores, but as I get older, I am coming to like larger bores a lot. I don't necessarily have to have a magnum, but the .358Norma is a great round, and it really shows a lot of advantages over the .35Whelen, which is another great round. Anyway, I appreciate your pics of the rifle and stag, nice to see. Is anybody bringing the Kongsberg into the US, or is it strictly European in it's availability? Outside of a Euro rifle, I am looking at having one built, which is not prohibitive, but it takes a while to find the right 'smith.

dubyam":35wvwjhr said:
Outside of a Euro rifle, I am looking at having one built, which is not prohibitive, but it takes a while to find the right 'smith.

dubyam,

Two excellent smiths are located on www.longrangehunting.com
"fiftydriver" Kirby Allan and Shawn Carlock both build excellent quality precission rifles at affordable prices.

JD338

Skovbo,

Beautiful rifle and stag. The 358 Norma Mag is a thumper that doesn't get much recognition here in the US. Too bad, the 35 calibers are great rounds for most all big game hunting here.

JD338

Powerstroke":t9i2utul said:
.260Rem.....P.S. Where's the A.B.s for this round? hmm hmm

They should be out any week now. 130's I think....

.280 AI - reach without recoil
.338 Win Mag - covers anything but the largest
.416 Rem Mag - with this you will fear no beast(except wife)

Back