30/06

Found a place to get 100 with a good backstop, the load was center to center 1.25", not bad but I think it can do better. I am wanting some 4350 to try also.

rick smith":swctgs89 said:
Mag41, please explain how pressure in an unfired case forces the primer out. If you are using a kinetic puller it forces the primer into the case not out and a collet puller has no effect on the primer. I am not following what you said. Thanks.Rick.

The impact blows can cause the primers to seat sighter, however I am refering to the internal pressure of the case when reseating the bullet. It can force the primers out slightly by the same effect of tighting something to get it loose.
The next time you try this. Take a measurement of your primer seating depth before and after seating a bullet.
This can also occur when seating bullets in a newly resized case.
I have started going back with all my reloaded ammo, and running it through the primer seater as a final step in my reloading.
Winchester primers have this take place more than any others I have tried.
I hope that helps explain better, what I was trying to say .
I discovered this because My bolt was closing a little tight and after a lot of searching , I discovered that my primers were no longer .002" below the head, but slightly buldged.
Hope this helps.

Mag41, I will check that with my ammo but have never had that problem and have not seen it reported by other loaders.Rick.

Back