300 H&H Load Data

bucktracker

Beginner
Oct 10, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and enjoy the topics and discussion related to reloading. I'm in the process of having a Sako rifle re-barreled to a 300 H&H and wish to ask a request.
I wish to reload a 150 and 165 grain AccuBond for the 300 H&H. Does anyone have quickload data for this cartridge and bullet weights?
300 H&H
COL: 3.600
26" barrel
Hornady Brass
Alliant #26
Any information would be appreciated.
Respectfully,
Bucktracker

I'm sure someone will be along with a QL, but in the meantime...

Speer #15 has RL26 loads for 300 H&H. It's good to see some of the older cartridges getting reshot with modern powders. With 150s the start charge is 70.3 @2954 to 77.9 @3276. With 165s start 67 @2807 to 74 @3136. With 180s start 66.5 @2702 to 73.5 @2998. All in Federal brass with Fed.215s from a 24" bbl.

In WW brass with Fed.215s at 70* I've reached 3191 with 165s @ 75gr, & 3216 with 180s @76.5gr. in a 24" bbl. 4-shot groups were all between 1 & 1-1/2". Not what you asked, but RL23 did very well with 150s @3318 with a .590" 4 shot group. I haven't tried RL26 with 150s yet. I haven't measured base expansion, but no pressure signs were encountered & all primer pockets remain tight using my components in my rifle.

Thanks. I went and was looking for recipes on a couple sights and got the impression the 300 H&H could make that 150 move along well into the 3000’s. That extra 10-15 grains of RL26 does make it go. I generally find RL26 really shines with heavy for caliber bullets. I’d consider 150 medium at most for 308 diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only load I use in my Ruger #1S

0y7B6K3l.jpg

Lol. Fotis, is there a cartridge you don’t have? ( and all your loads a sub MOA )
I’d love to spend a couple hours with you just on loading techniques, but then I’d want to follow it with a month of shadowing you on hunts! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the responses. Some very interesting loads, indeed. I have many different powders and will try to narrow it down to 2 or 3. I think, well I know, that i will be load developing with the 150 and 165 grain bullets. I shoot 180's out of my Mark V 300 Weatherby Mag., and wish to try lighter bullets. I hunt in the wide-open Great Plains to the large boreal forest and believe that these medium bullet weights will do a fine job. Many thanks again!

Glad you picked the AccuBond. You’d break quite a few lesser bullets.

I still think someone with QL will oblige ya.

When I struggled to find H&H data for more modern powders I came upon some information about how it shares the same case capacity with 300 WSM. Now I won’t sit here and tell you to use that, nor would I suggest Quickload data is perfect either. Both are however a place to start.

For what it's worth 150gr bullet in my 300 H&H Mag just shot ok at best where Nosler 180gr AB & Partition were always close to MOA, always thought it was the twist rate.

mjcmichigan":23gvivb8 said:
Lol. Fotis, is there a cartridge you don’t have? ( and all your loads a sub MOA )
I’d love to spend a couple hours with you just on loading techniques, but then I’d want to follow it with a month of shadowing you on hunts! Thank you for sharing!

I would also love to sit in on a Fotis reloading class !

Back