300 Win Mag dies

Wincheringen

Handloader
Jan 10, 2012
I'm picking up a new rifle in the next couple days. Its a Rem 700 Long Range in 300 Win Mag. I'm shopping for dies right now. I'm looking at the Redding Premium 3 die set with full length sizer, neck sizer, & micrometer seater. The sizers also have a carbide button. They seem like a pretty well put together set.

I went into the search thinking I wanted a bushing neck sizer and standard full length sizer. I already have a universal micrometer seater. The Redding set doesn't have a bushing sizer but I can't really beat the price on it either. Its $123 from Midway. My other avenue is the standard RCBS full length set and a Redding Type S bushing neck sizer.

That should really meet all of your needs! I have some great loads and 45 years experience with the 300WM. Don't be afraid to ask here for information.

I'm going to be using the 190 grain Custom Competition and I have jugs of RL17 and RL22. I'll be using FC Mil brass and Fed 215 primers. It'll be a little bit because once I get the gun it is off to have the muzzle threaded. Optic will probably be a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25 TMR.

Congratulations on the new rifle. The 300 Win Mag is a great round and capable of excellent accuracy.
I have Hornady dies and worked up a load consisting of a 180 gr AB or PT with 75.0 grs RL22, W-W case and Federal GM215M primers.
This load shot well under MOA in 3 different rifles.

JD338

I would love to use the GM215M primers, but they are vaporware. I have GM210M and 215s. My stash of CCI BR2s is reserved for my 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm pretty confident this will be an accurate rifle.

Back