300 WSM BAR

Seedsntrees

Beginner
Oct 21, 2004
125
5
Hello,

I picked up a BAR 300 WSM and would be grateful for some shared loading advice for Wisconsin Whitetail Deer appliction. I'm thinking either 150 grain or 165 grain bullet of the sold base or AccuBond. Range from 100 to 300 yards field hunting. The auto is not a bolt so a clean burning powder and under max loads is where I would look to.

Thanks for any help....
 
Sorry, haven't tried anything but the 180 or 200 gr bullets in my 300 WSM (bolt action).
The 165 gr would get my nod for a lighter bullet, as a great compromise for your application, as your distances do not require the higher velocities to flatten longer trajectories.Aand should you ever decide to hunt bear, moose or elk, they will still work fine.
I love the AccuBonds; easy to work up good loads with, accurate, and perform well on game of all sizes.
I have thought that a BAR in 300 WSM would be a great bear gun for the thick timber!
 
I’m with the others and say 165 gr. The SB or AB will work nicely on deer at 3000-3100 fps.
IMR/H4350 mid range loads should get you there

JD338
 
Back
Top