303 british

corbin

Beginner
Aug 28, 2006
My little brother just got a 303 British for his first high powered rifle. And i was wondering if anyonw knows of some good loads for it. Right now we are using 36 grains of IMR4064 with a 150 sp interlock from hornady.

I am using RL-15 and 180gr Sierra Pro Hunters.

Both of my Enfields are milsurps. My load is close enough to the military load that it works well with the battle sights.

ZM

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot.

HEY NOSLER, HOW 'BOUT MAKING SOME .311 BULLETS FOR MY ENFIELDS!!!

Zeke Menuar":29n50fr8 said:
I am using RL-15 and 180gr Sierra Pro Hunters.

Both of my Enfields are milsurps. My load is close enough to the military load that it works well with the battle sights.

ZM

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot.

HEY NOSLER, HOW 'BOUT MAKING SOME .311 BULLETS FOR MY ENFIELDS!!!
ok thanks

Hey Nosler, any chance of ever tooling up for a decent bullet in .313" diameter [Most 303 British, 7.65 mauser, etc] I would love to see an AccuBond, but that is probably dreaming. Most of the bullets made by your competition for the 303 are too small [.311"] or too light. An Ideal Bullet would be in the 190-200 grain range, and would mike .313" Sad to say, good bullets for these are hard to come by, and there must be millions of them up here in Canada, plus all those in your Country. I appreciate that the bottom line is economics, but I know a lot of guys that would dearly love to have access to a bullet such as I have mentioned. Please give it some thought. I have been using Nosler bullets for over 40 years, and the Partition is my go-to bullet to the present. Also love the new Accubonds, accurate and effective on the four animals I have shot with them. Respectfully, Eagleye.

I'd like to add my voice to this request.

Please give us a Nosler .303 bullet. Ideally something that measures .313 or even .314.

The greatest .303 ammunition I ever fired was Belgian surplus stuff from the 1980s. I pulled a bullet and miked it. I was surprised to see that it came in at .3140.

Anyway, that load gave unbelievable results. Out of a Parker-Hale sporterized Lee-Enfield, I was getting less than 1 m.o.a. Out of a P-14 with original military sights, I was getting 100% hits on softball-sized rocks at 200 metres. On paper, that same rifle and load was giving me groups with all the shots touching at 100 yards. I simply could not miss with this load in any .303 rifle I tried.

This led me to conclude that bullet size and quality are the greatest problems that shooters of the .303 British face today. All of those Lee-Enfields and P-14s out there would get a radical new lease on life if someone made a decent bullet. Please, Nosler, answer our prayers!

If you wanted to satisfy the ultimate fantasy of .303 shooters, you could do no better than to introduce a 174-grain AccuBond that miked .313 or .314. Such a bullet would even work with established military sight settings and would be guaranteed to shoot well and work on all big game. It would even work well for those of us with .303 Magnums (P-14s rechambered with a .300 Winchester Magnum reamer).

Back