33 Nosler

Dwh7271

Handloader
Nov 18, 2013
http://www.nosler.com/blog/news-and-articles/2016/10/27/nosler-introduces-their-most-powerful-cartridge-yet-the-33-nosler

Now that's what I'm talking about. 225 AB over 3k.
Cool release Nosler.

I think this is pretty cool. You'd think the sales numbers on one of these have got to be pretty low. Once you go north of .308...sales drop off sharply.

I will say that CNC machine technology has brought back the boutique cartridges in a big way the last few years by changing the economics of ammunition production.

I might be tempted to pick one of these up, the first of the Nosler cartridges that I've found compelling. I did look over a .338 RUM the other day. The .338 Nosler is a little slower than the RUM...not that anything alive will ever know the 100fps difference.

Exciting announcement from Nosler. The 33 Nosler
looks impressive. Looking forward to hearing more about the 265 gr ABLR and it's BC.

JD338

I'm quite curious what the barrel length will be on the new rifles. l tend to like 22-24" barrels. .33s tend to be pretty forgiving as far as velocity loss in shorter barrels. I'm betting a 22" still gets 2900ish with a 225 gr. and that's not a bad place to be.

I'm certainly letting this thing ruminate in the noggin for a bit.

What advantage does it have over, say, a 26" barreled 338 winmags? I really liked the 338 RUM, but brass has been a big issue in the last few years. I haven't owned one since 2007, so no biggy for me. I am happy with my 358 Norma mag for now, but just wondering about this 33 Nosler.

I can't imagine all that much interest being generated for a 33 Nosler. The 338 RUM is well established and the 33 Nosler doesn't improve on it.
Brass for the 338RUM is available from Nosler so that isn't an issue either.

Of all the new Nosler cartridges, I like the 28 Nosler best. Maybe I'm just biased.

Both the 30 and 33 are very tempting to me, but I'd still like one in between. I've been saying for a while that a "32" Nosler would be my choice for a North American big game (bigger/tougher than deer) cartridge.

I would be interested if I lived in an area where I needed a long range rifle. My 7RM takes care of that situation for now and for a heavy caliber I have the 35 Whelen/AI for anything for deer up so the 33 is or would be a waste for me.

Guy Miner":370o0fah said:
If the .33 is a success... Can a .375 be far off? :grin:
I read some time back that they had plans for 26, 27, 28, 30, 33, 35, and 36 Noslers.

Back