338-378 put to bed

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Along with the regular TSX 225 gr I found a second load with the TTSX 225. Both shoot well but this shoots better. I think I am done with the Accumark. Both hit like a freight train.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-110038_Range Buddy Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-110038_Range Buddy Pro.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 671
Fotis, that is amazing rifle improvement, load development, and shooting. Excellent work. You post some fantastic targets.

Dan

Ridiculously good shooting and load. That is a screamer throwing a pill that size at that speed.

Quick question. Have you ever had any expansion issues with the TSX? I ask because I worked up a load awhile back for a friend in his 300WSM with some 180's and just the other day dug some out of my backstop. Found 2 with little or almost no expansion at all on them. Impact speed should have been in the 2800 range into a frozen pile of dirt and I was surprised/concerned with the lack of any real expansion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Worthy of my rare signing in.
I tip my hat to you, FOTIS. Not only for the excellent shooting and excellent load work but also for being able to hang onto that beast and not flinch 8 times before the firing pin fell.......Like I WOULD HAVE DONE. LOL

Worthy of framing and hanging on the wall, IMO.

God Bless
Stay safe gang.
Steve

D21ALASKA":1blhzsbk said:
Ridiculously good shooting and load. That is a screamer throwing a pill that size at that speed.

Quick question. Have you ever had any expansion issues with the TSX? I ask because I worked up a load awhile back for a friend in his 300WSM with some 180's and just the other day dug some out of my backstop. Found 2 with little or almost no expansion at all on them. Impact speed should have been in the 2800 range into a frozen pile of dirt and I was surprised/concerned with the lack of any real expansion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Honestly I have never used a TSX less than 338 diameter on game and never had a problem. I have taken a few elk with the 30 Caliber but with the lrx and ttsx

Nice shooting! But what really sets it apart is the fact of the caliber, the speed, and the recoil to deal with.... Which is what makes that Amazing FOTIS!

Back